Minox use after a transplant

Hi guys

My Doctor recommends three months after the HT is the time to start minox but fin should be started straight away.

Most docs say two weeks is a good time to start Minox. Its interesting to see the different suggestions.

I am one month post op and wondering should I start on FIN and Minox, I've already ordered some promox and it will arrive Monday but I wondering wether to start straight away or wait for the 3 months mark and follow my Docs advise which is usually sensible.

As mentioned above there seems to be conflicting information about the best time to start Minox, and maybe my doc is overly cautious so I decided to ask you guys.

This is the exact statement about Minox on the document my Doc gave me

We reccomend our patients not applying Minox on operated ares for at least three months after the surgery. Minox can entail various collateral effects such as dermatitis, desquamation, hair loss and changes on the natural time of hair regrowth after the surgery.

I think I will eventually start at the three month mark no matter what because I have seen some HT results at the 12 month mark without fin and minox and they don't look as good as those with the products.

WHat does HRN.com think? is it ok to start now or should I wait.

minox is not required for good growth, but Fin may help in the long run

be advised that both of these meds can cause shedding especially when starting/stopping

I would also wait with applying the minox as it can also cause some irritation and dandruff/scalp peeling

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

minox is not required for good growth, but Fin may help in the long run

be advised that both of these meds can cause shedding especially when starting/stopping

I would also wait with applying the minox as it can also cause some irritation and dandruff/scalp peeling

Thanks for the reply.

I wonder why a lot of docs suggest patients take on Minox so soon after the HT (2 weeks) given what you have said?

it does promote blood supply to the area which may help, but it contains alcohol and may be irritating to the recipient area

there are mixed reviews on here using post op, I've had multiple procedures and never used one drop with decent results

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)