My repair journey, please advise choosing the doctor

Daniel,

Thanks for posting your story you have been through it for sure, I read through your story and the good advice that has been given but I have not seen what you would like to do?

What bothers you the most?

1. Crown

2.Front and mid scalp

3.Wide donor scar

You are not going to be able to deal with all 3 in one go as you are fully aware so I think it is a case of prioritizing what you do based on what bothers you.

My case was a little similar in that I would have liked to improve all areas but in the end I put the grafts into the front and mid scalp on the advice of Dr Hasson for me it was the right decision, although I initially wanted to improve the crown. The best cosmetic improvement to how you and others see yourself is face on in the hairline and frontal area spreading the grafts too thinly over the crown may not make you happy in the long run but only you can answer this.

If you wish to wear your hair forward as you do then attacking the crown first and working forward may be the best option.

You appear to have nice hair characteristics in quite coarse and curly hair and if you have good beard hair then that is great.

If the scar bothers you most then a stand alone scar revision or beard hair into the scar are you two best options imo, your scalp hair will be best served on top.

In your photos is pic 8 the most recent and after the 2500 grafts with Dr Feller and pic 6 the before?

As for choice of Docs it really boils down to who you get a good feeling for and want you wish to achieve, research is the key and many on here will have a different opinion on who you should choose but it is who is best for you that matters.

Hi David, end up having surgery with Dr. Erdogan in Turkey and he was able to harvest 4000 grafts. I had micro pigmentation in the scar. I am detailing my story in a new thread

• 1 month later...