My repair journey, please advise choosing the doctor

Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my story. Your opinions will be most appreciated and hopefully will guide me to my final decision on how to proceed in regards to my repair.

Though this is my first thread, I've been reading the forum and learning from the community for the past 5 years. Unfortunately I found out about the HTN after I had 2 micrografts FUT surgeries here in Brazil with an unknown number of grafts.

In 2008 I visited Dr. Arthur Tykocinski and his consultation was eye openning to the damage that has been done by a "butcher doc" called Miguel Sorrentino in 2006 and 2008. Dr. Tykocinski mentioned the HTN and encouraged me to research and educate myself. Little did I know about what was laying ahead for me.

In 2009, when in the States, I had a chance to visit some coalition recommended doctors, including Feller, True and Dorin, James Vogel and a former recommended doc called Epstein from Florida. I heard different opinions about my case, and the different approaches on how to address the repair. The latest doc even recommended an eye brown lift, which really scared me at the time.

After checking on several results and meeting the doctor in person, I felt confident that Feller was a safe choice. Upon my return to NY in 2010, I had my third FUT procedure with Dr. Feller, adressing the frontal/mid scalp with 2500 grafts (pictures attached).

My repair case was particularly difficult because:

1) I had a hairline placed too low, with several micrografts containing 3 to 4 hairs. Dr. Feller recommended lasering the hairs out, which I did. But they kept growing back and now I consider having some removed via FUE on my next procedure.

2) I was left with a big scar on the donor, about 1/2 inch wide by 3 inches long. Dr. Feller did not touch it, and removed the grafts from the side of my scalp.

3) Micrografts were spread out all over my balding areas, including the crown and midscalp and they became more evident as I continue to loose hair.

4) I have a hard time to style my hair as I don't have much density and my hair line isn't perfect. Also, hairs were placed with no attention to proper angle.

Dr Feller's procedure was well done, but did not solve my problem in one shot. I understand it was a first step towards the solution, possibly adequate at the time. But the HT keeps haunting me and I am reminded of it every moment when I look at the mirror. Maybe my expectations were too high for the time, given my poor start. I feel now it's the time to seek for a broader solution, a long term formula.

I returned to him a couple of times to seek advice, and he was always reminding me from where I have started in a positive way. He suggested another FUT procedure consisting of 2000 grafts to adress the crown. And even trusting and respecting him very much, I decided to wait and see other options before moving forward.

On my ressearch to find the most suitable doc to give me a natural appearance,

I have been to a few clinics, all recommended here, including Dr. Rahal in Ottawa, 3 years ago, who also suggested 2000#.

About a year and a half ago I wet to Dr. Bisanga in Belgium and he suggested 1000 FUE in the crown / Beard into the scar – 600 grafts and Test of 200 chest grafts in the crown. Said my density was not great in the scalp and I should be aware and realistic with expectations.

Last year I visited Dr. Lorenzo in Manchester and he was more optimistic. I must say Lorenzo is amazing, very confident, not only a great doctor but a great human being. He said altough my case was not easy, I still had some good donor density and suggested 1500 grafts FUE on a first moment and eventually 1500 more, on a second pass in the crown, as I would need that for coverage as it is a very large area. Perhaps some beard on the scar to test, but I don’t think BHT is his speciallty.

To add to my doubts, I've been seeing excelent results from Dr. Hakan Doganay and Dr. Koran Erdogan, both from Turkey. About two weeks ago I met Denison (Dr. Erdogan's HTN representative) in person in Rio de Janeiro, and saw Dr. Erdogan's great work live, as he himself is a recent patient. I felt very confident in his work and he suggested via online consultation a possible 3000 graft repair, done in a 2 days procedure.

Last, but not least, I have good beard density and extremely good chest hair with 2/3 hairs per follicule. I saw some really inspiring work from Dr. Umar and would consider him, should my case require a larger ammount of grafts to get my solution in a one deal package, if that even exists.

Every single doc has a different opinion in how to proceed, which makes me a bit confused and uncertain. Although trusting Denison opinion and experience with Dr. Erdogan and leaning towards him, I would like to share and hear your remarks before coming to a decision, which should happen very soon. This might be my last shot and I can't afford to waste it especially for the sake of my own psycological sanity.

I am aware all those surgeons are great, but my doubt is not which one is the best, but rather who would be more suitable to solve my problem at my current condition.

I would really appreciate your feedback.

Many thanks and regard to everyone,

Daniel

IMG_7606.jpg.d37b84cd58518caf6ec700a7b6ef9091.jpg

DSC062502.jpg.fe8b2582f969df39fef0430d4d35cff7.jpg

DSC062472.jpg.aab4b34d9ff9314b4eebff95167109c5.jpg

DSCN2778.jpg.c39854efa850590341199d169ed99afe.jpg

removendo_tufos.jpg.31af73c781f79fb67fd6a47f8fd01d04.jpg

vista_superior2.jpg.430fc1dccf2157f907c9225c3a351aa1.jpg

IMG_7609.jpg.7ae88fcc459986da0637d2a4f472ea0e.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg.5caeca83d47614b75337b843dafedae0.jpg

sounds like you've been through a lot man!

I think you can't go wrong with Bisanga or Lorenzo, and you've already had consults with a lot of doctors so I think at this stage it's more of a personal choice as to who you feel will help attain your goals.

don't let cost and or location be a deciding factor, make it be past repair results and how you feel about the doctor's approach

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Outta that list I'd probably choose Lorenzo, have u considered Hasson and Wong though? They have a great track record with repairs, mega sessions and great 1 pass results! IMO they would be the best choice if there's adequate donor, that way u can use the available hair for strip, get a scar revision then look at Lorenzo if FUE is needed after that

I think you can't go wrong with Bisanga or Lorenzo.

I second that. Have you considered Konior in Chicago? He does both FUT and FUE and is a former plastic surgeon, so he may be able to address your scar as well.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I would either seek FUE grafting into the scar or have it revised by someone like Dr Hasson or Konior and then some further FUE grafting into it if needed. However there are some factors to consider. The scar itself is quite wide sadly and would need a very large amount of precious scalp hair, using beard and/or body hair would probably be a wise option. In regards to a revision, I would request that only the scar itself be excised, no hair-bearing tissue. This ensures the absolute minimal amount of tension and the best chance of it healing smaller. There may be a minimal amount of grafts taken out along with the scar at the very edge of the scar but it should not be a big amount. The excision should be only as large as the scar itself. Too many scar revisions fail because the surgeon cuts out the scar along with several millimeters(or even a centimeter) or hair-bearing tissue and in turn the closure has alot of tension.

Hey hs, thanks for your message. I am not letting cost and location be the deciding factor. It's very hard to make a decision, having so many different opinions from the docs. Lorenzo would have been my first choice, but he suggested 2 surgeries. I would rather try to have it done at once, as Erdogan suggested, exactly because of what you said. I've been through a lot, and just don't want to think of my hair all the time. Bisanga was perhaps, less optimistic, or call it realistic. I would rather have someone that could solve my problem in less surgeries.

Aftermath, Hasson and Wong was always on my list, but I never had a chance to meet them in Vancouver. I always dreamt of having a head full of hair like their showcases. Unfortunately, I don't think I am eligible anymore for that kind of result. I would also prefer to do FUE at this point.

Since21, thanks for suggesting Dr. Konior. He has amazing results indeed. Being a plastic surgeon could possibly help me. But as I mentioned before, I met Dr. james Vogel a few years back and even Dr. Feller, and none of them encouraged me to have my scar revised. Perhaps for the lack of laxity, so that the revised scar could expand back.

Mickey, I would consider FUE into the scar, probably with beard hair or body. Bisanga suggested that as a test. Dr. Doganay in Turkey also suggested beard extractions. Dr. Erdogan suggested micro pigmentation on the scar for now. If I shave my head to extract 3000 grafts to address the crown, my scar would be exposed. Dr Konior apparently does more FUT than FUE, but seems to be a great doc.

Very hard decision. Thanks for your support.

I would first off suggest to you no more strip surgery. You simply don't need any more scars in back, and you also don't need to lose any more donor in the back as well. If you maximize harvesting all your donor in back via FUE then you are going to thin out this area and make your FUT scars that more noticeable. While I know that beard hair works great in the scars, I also know that it is a great donor source as well. From your pictures you look like an excellent candidate for beard hair, provided your beard donor is sufficient. You have a large area to cover and have scalp hair already there so what you need to do is add volume and density to your scalp hair, and by utilizing beard hair you do not deplete your scalp hair any further.

If I were in your shoes, I would only use beard hair from now on. You may need to soften your hairline and that can be done with your existing scalp donor. While Dr. Umar is the man, I have seen some good results from Dr. Bisanga as well. From my observations Dr. Bisanga is very cautious and takes a far less aggressive approach than Dr. Umar, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that. This type of approach often benefits the patients more than an aggressive one. But Dr. Umar has so much repair experience that his aggressive approach is backed by the requisite skill in repair that no one else possesses to his degree.

I know from my experience that Dr. Umar can extract, and his technicians can implant, 1500 grafts per day. I have had over 5000 grafts extracted, all from below the jawline, although my last session was primarily right on the jawline, as my neck is about depleted of beard grafts.

I would inquire as to how many grafts both doctors think would be needed fill in your scalp area, and at this time I would leave the crown for later until you have gotten to results you are seeking from the hairline back to the crown. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks Wylie, I take you have a long experience with the subject. Glad to see you had so much improvement with Dr. Umar. It's good to know he can extract that much beard grafts, I had no idea it could get to 5k and it looks really natural.

Instead of having surgery with every doctor I have consulted with, I would rather choose someone that could solve my problem, even if it takes more than one shot. I just want someone who can make a plan and that knows for sure what he is doing to get to the goal.

Bisanga seemed more conservative and said I had perhaps 1000 scalp grafts via FUE. Lorenzo said eventually 3000 in 2 surgeries. I agree with you that beard hair is a valuable resource and I would like to use it. Just need to find the right surgeon. I saw good results from Dr. Doganay from Turkey. He uses beard and body hair as well. But, if I should use body hair, why not go directly to Dr. Umar, that has more experience than most of the other docs?

I will send and email to Dr. Umar and see if he can analyze my case by email. Thanks a lot.

Wylie has been through the repair route and will be a good source of knowledge and I'm sure support for you. It personally looks like you have too much scalp donor left not to use it through fue but I'm not a repair expert.

I would consider the doctors with the most repair experience personally, as it's a different ball game. These docs have seen mote issues that deals with issues like scarring from poor procedures than others. Good luck to you.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Btw, do you mind giving your age and of you are on any preventive meds?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for you comments, Spanker. I am 37 years old, taking finasteride 1 mg. I stopped using it for years and just got back about 1 month ago. I've been seeing very good results from doctors in Turkey, even using body hair, so I wonder if I should have Dr. Umar as a last resource, or should consider him a good option immediately. I am just tired of not really getting to a good place. Seems like yesterday, but it's been almost 8 years now for me, and only we know how damaging this can be to us.

I am older but was in a somewhat similar situation. I started with a FUT mega-session in 1993 with Dr. Rassman. I was 40 at the time and although I had a lot of thick wavy medium brown donor hair Dr. Rassman correctly predicted that I would eventually be a NW6. I ended up having two more FUTs at NHI but the last one in 1997 was very disappointing. Dr. Rassman who was supposed to do the procedure informed me on the day of surgery that an associate would be doing it instead. Using the now antiquated triple bladed knife the surgeon (who I won't name) took a very large strip which only yielded 800 grafts that were placed in the crown with a very unnatural pattern and incorrect angulation. Worse yet the incision was under too much tension and was slightly dog eared on one side resulting in a widening of the scar and a misdirection of the native scalp hairs on one side. Despite this, I had enough remaining hair to create a decent overall appearance and kept my hair at a medium short length to camouflage the problem areas. I took fina for a few years but stopped since as a physician myself I started to become concerned about the possibility of permanent side effects. What many prospective patients might not realize is that hair loss while progressive is not always linear. Even off drugs I was stable throughout my late 40s to mid 50's but over the past two years I starting to lose hair to the point where the limitations of all 3 previous procedures starting to become quite apparent. At first I blamed my stylist and even tried switching to another but after taking selfies in normal light, I could no longer deny that last 20 years of not being bald and overly concerned with my hair and appearance was coming to an end. Despite being 60 I have stayed in great physical shape and was lucky enough to inherit youthful skin as well. For most of my adult life people have assumed that I am 10-15 younger than my actual age.

While I didn't do as much research and consult with as many physician as you did. I narrowed my plan to FUE with the likelihood that BHT would be part of the procedure since after 5600 total grafts with at best 70% yield, I was running low on scalp donor hair. I met with Dr. Umar twice a year apart who suggested 5000 grafts split evenly between scalp and beard for full coverage or only 2500 if I only want to address the hairline, front and mid scal. I also consulted with Dr. Lorenzo by email who advised a plan identical to the one he suggested for you. 1000-1500 for the the front and then wait to see the result and recovery of the donor area before repeating the procedure for the crown. My own medical intuition led me to choose the more conservative approach even though going to LA would have been far less of a hassle. (I live on the West Coast). I am now 9 weeks s/p 1500 scalp grafts to the front and top and 300 beard hairs to the .5 cm widened ear to ear scar. The post op period has been uneventful and I am just beginning to see some early growth in the front. As for the scar it seems as if the beard grafts never shed and at 9 weeks after being shaved the scar is now completely covered with both native and grafts. While there were some logistical issues in going to Manchester none of which were the fault of Dr. Lorenzo, I have no regrets with my decision and will keep in close contact with him in order to plan for the second procedure. Stay optimistic and good luck regardless of whom you decide to go with

I am older but was in a somewhat similar situation. I started with a FUT mega-session in 1993 with Dr. Rassman. I was 40 at the time and although I had a lot of thick wavy medium brown donor hair Dr. Rassman correctly predicted that I would eventually be a NW6. I ended up having two more FUTs at NHI but the last one in 1997 was very disappointing. Dr. Rassman who was supposed to do the procedure informed me on the day of surgery that an associate would be doing it instead. Using the now antiquated triple bladed knife the surgeon (who I won't name) took a very large strip which only yielded 800 grafts that were placed in the crown with a very unnatural pattern and incorrect angulation. Worse yet the incision was under too much tension and was slightly dog eared on one side resulting in a widening of the scar and a misdirection of the native scalp hairs on one side. Despite this, I had enough remaining hair to create a decent overall appearance and kept my hair at a medium short length to camouflage the problem areas. I took fina for a few years but stopped since as a physician myself I started to become concerned about the possibility of permanent side effects. What many prospective patients might not realize is that hair loss while progressive is not always linear. Even off drugs I was stable throughout my late 40s to mid 50's but over the past two years I starting to lose hair to the point where the limitations of all 3 previous procedures starting to become quite apparent. At first I blamed my stylist and even tried switching to another but after taking selfies in normal light, I could no longer deny that last 20 years of not being bald and overly concerned with my hair and appearance was coming to an end. Despite being 60 I have stayed in great physical shape and was lucky enough to inherit youthful skin as well. For most of my adult life people have assumed that I am 10-15 younger than my actual age.

While I didn't do as much research and consult with as many physician as you did. I narrowed my plan to FUE with the likelihood that BHT would be part of the procedure since after 5600 total grafts with at best 70% yield, I was running low on scalp donor hair. I met with Dr. Umar twice a year apart who suggested 5000 grafts split evenly between scalp and beard for full coverage or only 2500 if I only want to address the hairline, front and mid scal. I also consulted with Dr. Lorenzo by email who advised a plan identical to the one he suggested for you. 1000-1500 for the the front and then wait to see the result and recovery of the donor area before repeating the procedure for the crown. My own medical intuition led me to choose the more conservative approach even though going to LA would have been far less of a hassle. (I live on the West Coast). I am now 9 weeks s/p 1500 scalp grafts to the front and top and 300 beard hairs to the .5 cm widened ear to ear scar. The post op period has been uneventful and I am just beginning to see some early growth in the front. As for the scar it seems as if the beard grafts never shed and at 9 weeks after being shaved the scar is now completely covered with both native and grafts. While there were some logistical issues in going to Manchester none of which were the fault of Dr. Lorenzo, I have no regrets with my decision and will keep in close contact with him in order to plan for the second procedure. Stay optimistic and good luck regardless of whom you decide to go with

Wow, I don't know if you are interested, but I feel like you could help a lot of people by starting a thread with your story and posting photos of you progression from the beginning. Not many people here with a 21 year history.

View Spanker's Website

Being somewhat of a public person keeping my anonymity is an issue at this time so I am hesitant to post pictures even though I realize how much more effective it is to do so. Perhaps after progressing further and some editing I will reconsider posting photos down the road. I will comment from time to time hopefully to help others where my own experiences and medical background might be helpful.

Hi Hairweare, thanks a lot for taking the time to read my post and share your story. I truly hope you can achieve your desired outcome. You are in excellent hands. Dr. Lorenzo is an amazing doctor.

I knew that posting on this forum was in a way taking the risk of getting even more confused about my case. I am glad I did it though, as I can get to know someone like you, that found the courage to keep on and to share your story and make others like me more optimistic.

I always think of Dr. Umar as a last resource and maybe I don't want to think that my situation is as bad as the examples we sometimes see published online. It's hard for me to say, as many people will tell me it's ok, it's doesn't look that bad, etc. I actually don't really know myself how a hair transplant should look and feel like, because I am constantly reminded of a ht failure when I look in the mirror. The good ht's are unnoticeable by amateurs and professional alike.

I also think I might have had more that 500 grafts extracted at this point. I had 3 fut's, and only one had a graft count (dr. Feller - 2500), so the other 2500/3000 should have been extracted from that area where my wide scar is. Survival rate was probably low and micro grafts were spaced out, hair line too low, that made me loose hundreds of grafts in a one inch band underneath my current hairline.

So I am leaning towards a good cosmetic improvement at first, a doc that could address my issues at this point. In the future who knows, I might pay a visit to Dr. Umar. Though I would like Lorenzo to be that person, his prices in Manchester are way to high for me and I am considering Dr. Erdogan in Turkey, as I've been seeing really good results from him and he performs exclusively FUE. He seems to have a good cost benefit ratio, and suggested 3000 grafts done in 2 days. I haven't seen him in person, and will have to fly to Turkey to do so, but heard good things about him.

I truly hope to make a wise decision as although I know there are worse things in life then a bad hair transplant, only we know the psychological toll it may take upon us.

Daniel,

Thanks for posting your story you have been through it for sure, I read through your story and the good advice that has been given but I have not seen what you would like to do?

What bothers you the most?

1. Crown

2.Front and mid scalp

3.Wide donor scar

You are not going to be able to deal with all 3 in one go as you are fully aware so I think it is a case of prioritizing what you do based on what bothers you.

My case was a little similar in that I would have liked to improve all areas but in the end I put the grafts into the front and mid scalp on the advice of Dr Hasson for me it was the right decision, although I initially wanted to improve the crown. The best cosmetic improvement to how you and others see yourself is face on in the hairline and frontal area spreading the grafts too thinly over the crown may not make you happy in the long run but only you can answer this.

If you wish to wear your hair forward as you do then attacking the crown first and working forward may be the best option.

You appear to have nice hair characteristics in quite coarse and curly hair and if you have good beard hair then that is great.

If the scar bothers you most then a stand alone scar revision or beard hair into the scar are you two best options imo, your scalp hair will be best served on top.

In your photos is pic 8 the most recent and after the 2500 grafts with Dr Feller and pic 6 the before?

As for choice of Docs it really boils down to who you get a good feeling for and want you wish to achieve, research is the key and many on here will have a different opinion on who you should choose but it is who is best for you that matters.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Hi Garageland, thanks for your message. I did see your case a few years ago and recognized some similarities with mine. I got inspired by your result and back then I was considering a visit to Hasson and Wong, but did not get a chace to do so. Should I've know them before my HT's, they would have been my first choice.

You are absolutely right. I should probably focus on one goal at this point. It's becoming clear to me that I can't address everything in one go and the doctor I choose will have to help me on that decision based on his experience and skill. I want someone to help me organize the mess that has been done. There is just too much going on:

1) Balding crown with plugs

2) Low density and not very natural look on the front and mid scalp

3) Large scar and hairline that limits my style options.

4) Hairs growing back underneath my hairline, from previous hts.

The scar bothers me of course, but if I have to prioritize things, maybe I would leave it for later. It limits my style options as you know, I have to keep the hair longer in the back to cover it, than my hair gets too large on the sides and the transplanted hair becomes more apparent as there is a disparity in density compared to my untouched areas. I am kind of locked in this situation, a hostage of it, if you will.

The contradictory situation is the following: the longer the hair, in theory, the better optical illusion of density you get. In my case, I would rather use my hair shorter, but at this point I can't, because I feel like I am not benefiting from that optical illusion, and my scalp gets more evident.

I like to comb my hair forward and I realize that makes things harder. I am just used to wear my hair loose and can't think of any other hair style.

I have a thick and somehow curly hair, you are right. I also have some good beard density, so that can be valuable to fill the crown in the future as an alternative.

I've attached some more pictures. On the previous pictures I posted, picture 4 was the more recent. Picture 6 was before dr. Feller and picture 8 was taken with a flash back in 2011. Seems like I've been loosing a significant amount of hair from my crown. I am back on finasteride now.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it.

5b32df03a8ac0_2013-12-0614_20_28.jpg.a166862ef25d4f3ffe21f88eee3ceb80.jpg

DSCN2771.jpg.d43ecbdf84564d488948306c48e83020.jpg

DSCN2772.jpg.83d228803368fd388cc1676e3dd5a210.jpg

Exactly how low was your hairline? Did the doctor not think that doing an FUE and redistributing them would work so you didn't lose the grafts?

View Spanker's Website

Thanks for the new photos. You mentioned balding crown with plugs first and I see your concern there like you I have a small amount of mini grafts in my crown that I wanted to camouflage a bit.

If I were you I would seriously consider refining the hairline and building up the mid scalp in your first session of scalp hair this would hopefully cover some of the plugs in the mid scalp and for the plugs in the crown I would work with a Doctor that can remove them and re-distribute them into your mid scalp that for me would be stage one.

The scalp hairs are going to be important to place in the hairline and that is why I said use them here first. As for the hairline hair that is too low I would also consult with an FUE Doctor about the possibility of removal if you have tried many times to laser them away without success these could then be used further back into your scalp.

Stage two could be to deal with the scar either a revision if the laxity is there or by placing beard hair into it. This will hopefully in turn allow for a shorter haircut in the future.

Stage 3 could be to add a light coverage in the crown with any remaining scalp hair or beard hair but I think with the size of crown your may have to accept that it will remain bald or very thin, stage 3 really depends on how far you wish to continue the journey.

I really do wish you all the best and please keep us posted as I am very interested in following your case.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Spanker, I think it was about 1 inch lower that a reasonable hairline should have been. In my case, because of the large area to address, I think If I had started with a good doc, he would have designed and higher and more conservative hairline considering my future loss.

Dr. Tykocinski wanted to punch them out. Dr. Epstein and Dr. James Vogel wanted to do an eye brown lift and recycle the hairs from the extracted tissue. I think Rahal said he would try to remove them too.

Dr. Feller said that the yield from those grafts would be low and because of scarring from the FUE it was not worth it. More recently Lorenzo said he could FUE them too.

Here are some pictures prior to my repair surgery with Dr. Feller. The picture with the marked lines was taken by Dr. Feller to set the area for the laser hair removal.

IMG_8536.jpg.2f0db9d8254863dd5b8f3ff05e7ec5af.jpg

DSC062422.jpg.c98138586d6d42d7462b55acff73fea6.jpg

marked_lines.jpg.9417d2b08b4a376aba655ec74c39b0d8.jpg

Thanks again for your support, Garageland. I will definitely keep you posted. I think your suggestion is great and I will keep that in mind for sure.

At this point I think I should probably listen to what the surgeon I choose has to say. I know that I have things that bother me, but unfortunately I can't choose perfection and have too many preferences at this situation. So I will have to trust the doctor on his best judgement to get to a more natural state, keeping in mind my limitation and future goals. I see 3000 grafts going a long way in the hands of skilled FUE doctors.

In the back of my mind, I still struggle with the idea that maybe Umar would be my last hope. He can give you a real density improvement with beard and body hair, combined with scalp hair.

But I can't continue to visit every doc as this gets me more confused. An aesthetically I think doctor Erdogan is a step above than Umar, so I will probably wait before going to my last resource,and get BHT involved.

I will have to see where I would be after this next procedure to consider my next moves. Hopefully I will be in a better place.

Hi Sean, thanks for your advice. Are you familiar with Dr. Koray Erdogan based in Turkey? I've been researching his work for a while and it seems that he has a fair amount of documented videos and photos online and seems to be very professional.

• 4 months later...
Exactly how low was your hairline? Did the doctor not think that doing an FUE and redistributing them would work so you didn't lose the grafts?

Hi Spanker, just had surgery with Dr. Koray Erdogan in Istanbul. Thought you would be interested in checking my thread. He ended up not using the grafts that were underneath the hairline previously designed by Dr. Feller. He said I would get the scar from the punch and they were not that many.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176904-my-4000-grafts-repair-dr-erdogan-%96-september-29th-30th.html

DSC_8986.jpg.d2cb2648eba5b7aaf243b0d6eff4d6f4.jpg

Being somewhat of a public person keeping my anonymity is an issue at this time so I am hesitant to post pictures even though I realize how much more effective it is to do so. Perhaps after progressing further and some editing I will reconsider posting photos down the road. I will comment from time to time hopefully to help others where my own experiences and medical background might be helpful.

Hi hairweare, I created I new thread with the recent pictures of my surgery with Dr. Erdogan in Turkey. In case you are interested, here is the link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176904-my-4000-grafts-repair-dr-erdogan-%96-september-29th-30th.html