NeoGraft or not? Please help!

Hey guys, I started receding around 26 and now that I'm 33 i'm thinning and well i have a lot less hair.....It didn't bother me much because i usually wore my hair really short so I decided to buzz it off. I will be getting married this November and my fianc? saw me looking at Neograft procedures on line. She said i'm by your side either way. So i have the green light to GO and have a possible surgery date of 5/17. I am TERRIFIED because I have never needed surgery and the fact that the before and after pictures are so scarce and they don't look legit. Now i've seen many pictures of Hollywoods famous go from norwood 2-4 to a full set of hair! I can't decide if Neograft is the way to go. I was ok with the doctor Barry DiBernardo who's a great plastic surgeon. before he left i was instructed that all he was doing was measuring me and going over the procedure because he has a contracted team of technicians who actually do the procedure that was a huge turn off..... anyway they asked for 9k for 1472 grafts. I said HELL NO i have a wedding thanks anyway..... she dropped it to $4 per graft and 6k. decisions decisions.... please any before and after stories/pics i would appreciate it! i would love to hear from those who have had the procedure done

no, go with manual FUE, either Belgium or Turkey (or UK with Lorenzo).

someone asked same question recently

http://www.hairrestorationnetwor??k.com/eve/175218-how-choose-neograft-performing-clinics.html

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I'd say not.

(

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Pap,

Just to clarify: the NeoGraft machine is simply that: a machine used to perform motorized Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). There is no such thing as a "NeoGraft" procedure. In the hands of a trained FUE doctor, the NeoGraft device can produce acceptable results. For example, Dr. Mike Vories produces solid FUE results with the NeoGraft machine.

Also, keep the following in mind: Hair transplantation is a big decision. Most community members and hair restoration experts recommend spending significant amounts of time researching on the forums and consulting with a variety of qualified doctors before booking a procedure. If you feel like you're "rushing" into the procedure or do not feel comfortable with any of the practices of the clinic you're considering, it may be advantageous to "pump the brakes" a bit. Now, I'm not saying you can't eventually go through with the surgery at the same clinic. What I am saying is that it may be best to slow down a bit, do some additional research, obtain answers to all your questions, and proceed when you are 100% confident and ready.

I invite you to spend some more time researching on the forum and to also review our recommended hair transplant surgeons. I'm also here to answer any additional questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to send me a private message.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I went to visit the Dr. Dibernardo last week. I actually saw a procedure being done upstairs as well. And I met the technician doing the procedure and he was kind to answer all of my questions. I also met the gentleman getting the FUE and he seemed very calm.

Private message me I would like to talk more.