Consultation thoughts?

Hi all! Newbie here wanting to share my consultation experience and get some feedback.

I had a consultation in April 2014 with Dr. Arocha in his Dallas office. I was very excited for the appointment because I was finally making the big (and costly) step to look into restoration surgery. Sadly, I didn't leave with that same optimism.

First, let me say that no one was rude or anything like that at my appointment. My consultation consisted of complete pictures being taken and measurements of my new hairline taken and drawn on for me to see. I was told I would need an initial procedure of between 3,000 & 3,500 follicles to re-establish my hairline. Once that was done we would evaluate whether or not a second or even a third procedure needed to be done. After that is where it pretty much ended.

I was asked if I had any questions with the implied meaning being that if I didn't I could go on my way to think it over. I did ask the questions I could think of and they were answered. I think what bothered me at this stage is that it seemed like the burden was on me to keep the conversation going and not much information was volunteered.

When I couldn't think of any additional questions on the spot to ask, I was asked if I wanted to see any pictures and I was shown only 1 case of before and after photos. We said our farewells and that I would think about moving forward.

Two days after the appointment I sent an email asking a question I didn't remember to ask. I received no response. I sent a follow-up email with my question again, and still no response. I called the Houston number once and got a strange message about all operators being busy and to try again later.

I am starting to get what I can only described as a "red alert" about moving forward with the clinic. Given that I've never had a consultation before, my experience could very well be the norm. But not responding to emails or being able to make contact is disturbing me. Any advice would be so much appreciated!

It's not the norm, and you should schedule several consultations until you find the surgeon you connect with. I consulted with 6 top clinics before making my decision. I was a little disheartened after my first consultation because I felt like the rep I met with was a little too sales-y for my taste. Talk to Dr. Konior. He's incredibly responsive. Talk to Shapiro Medical Group. Talk to a few others. Patience is required. Good luck in your search.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

It's not the norm, and you should schedule several consultations until you find the surgeon you connect with. I consulted with 6 top clinics before making my decision. I was a little disheartened after my first consultation because I felt like the rep I met with was a little too sales-y for my taste. Talk to Dr. Konior. He's incredibly responsive. Talk to Shapiro Medical Group. Talk to a few others. Patience is required. Good luck in your search.

So the evaluations via photos are usually accurate?

Hello Inexorable81,

Sorry to hear that this has happened. I am not sure who you are, but please understand we sincerely regret that this has happened. Unfortunately, we have not received any of your emails. We recently switched over to a Comcast Business service and are having problems with our phone and internet service today.

Dr. Arocha takes his consultations seriously and to this extend he performs them personally. He does his best to educate and tailors the consultation to the patient's needs.He is available to answer any further questions either by phone or through emails.

Usually,when patients come to see us they have done their homework by going on our website and going on this forum and checking out our before and after results. Below you will find a link to our Before and Afters on our website:

Photos - Houston Hair Transplant, Houston Hair Restoration for Arocha Hair Restoration in Houston Texas US

Photos - Hair Transplant Dallas for Dallas Hair Restoration in Dallas, TX

Bernardino A. Arocha, M.D., ABHRS Hair Transplant Surgeon in Houston, Texas

https://plus.google.com/+ArochaHairRestorationHouston/about?hl=en'>https://plus.google.com/+ArochaHairRestorationHouston/about?hl=en'>https://plus.google.com/+ArochaHairRestorationHouston/about?hl=en'>https://plus.google.com/+ArochaHairRestorationHouston/about?hl=en

dr. arocha - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients - Threads Tagged with dr. arocha

In the meantime, here is Doctor Arocha's personal email is: barocha@msn.com. Please feel free to send him an email.

Here are some links to what our patients are saying about their experience at Arocha Hair Restoration:

https://plus.google.com/+ArochaHairRestorationHouston/about?hl=en

Arocha Hair Restoration in Houston, TX - Reviews, Photos, and Directions

Arocha Hair Restoration in Dallas, TX - Reviews, Photos, and Directions

There is a lot of further information on our web sites, please let us know any further questions or if we can be of assistance.

Kind regards,

CeCe

CeCe@arochahairrestoration.com

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.