Cost of FUE, increasing or decreasing?

gemini310

So you're accusing me of moving the links even though I said it didn't work when I tried it last night, I said I didn't touch them, and showed you proof it was already in the archive before you pasted the link? Wow.

The screenshots you posted show Charly's posting history. This would show content that was posted in archived threads that could no longer be accessed.

The fact that you don't believe me after all the interactions we've had over the past year or so and think this is all part of some conspiracy is astounding.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1966kph and britboy,

You two are behaving exactly like the people that got your clinic banned here in the first place. Your continued efforts to circumvent the ban, and your ceaseless spamming of threads with complaints of “harassment” and “censorship” and accusations of conspiracies and hidden agendas only reinforce the correctness of the publishers’ difficult decision to impose the ban. It appears that anyone and everyone associated with this clinic are simply unable or unwilling to abide by the rules of this forum.

Blake has told you repeatedly that the decision is final. Live with it, or move on. Or at least spare the rest of us your harping, and confine your complaints to private messages with the moderators. I can almost guarantee you will find a more receptive audience that way than if you continue down this path of discord. You might not get what you want, but at least you won’t alienate the rest of the members and end up getting yourselves banned as well.

If I were a patient of this clinic and wanted to post about it on privately run ht forums, I would first urge the physician owner-operator of the clinic to clean up his act, starting with eliminating from his web site all deception and obfuscation about who actually performs the clinic’s hair restoration surgeries. Unfortunately, he appears to have taken the opposite track. He just launched a retooled web site that is even more deceptive in this regard than the previous one, if that is possible.

One can hardly expect privately run hair restoration forums like this one to host threads directly or indirectly promoting a clinic with such demonstrated blatant disregard for truthful marketing of its services. If I were the publisher of a hair restoration forum, I would not even consider allowing posts mentioning this doctor or clinic so long as the deceptive marketing practices continued.

You say you want all the information out there so ht patients can make their own choices and informed decisions. Well, charity begins at home, as the proverb goes. You would be doing your clinic a service, and you would be doing patients who you think could benefit from this clinic a service, if you could persuade your doctor to come clean on his web site about his business model and stop stating and implying that he or other surgeons perform the clinic's hair restoration surgeries.

Please don’t take this post or others as ill wishes for your hair restorations. I hope both of you end up with gorgeous heads of hair that will bring you confidence and joy for the rest of your lives. In this respect, we are all in this together.

Good luck!

Cost of labor, malpractice insurance, and marketing.

Firstly, marketing expenses are just as expensive in Western Europe as in the U.S.. In fact, many clinics advertise online; therefore, the expenses are exactly the same. Secondly, the cost of labor in Western Europe is very high. Have you ever lived in Sweden or in Norway? I highly doubt that techs in the U.S. are earning more than in Belgium, Sweden or Denmark. Thirdly, malpractice insurance is a fixed and variable expense that is held in case a contingency occurs. It's smart business and surely it is just a fraction of the total earnings from 10 dollars per graft that some FUE surgeons are charging in the U.S..

I've lived in 5 countries and I can assure you that running a business in the U.S. is not more expensive than in Europe. Quite the opposite, in fact. European countries can be very expensive, depending on the country. Finally, I will note that supply and demand will determine what U.S. surgeons can and will charge, but I surely couldn't afford to pay $80,000 for two FUE surgeries. Most people can't! Hence the large supply of FUT in the U.S..

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Blake.

As i asked why do the links i posted work then they dont?

I admit i am not very tech savvy so if someone could please explain this to me obviously i would see things from a totally different prospective.

I hope that people reading would understand how i came to this conclusion.

I believe myself to be a person of strong moral character and just as publicly as i have accused you Blake i will just as publicly issue a unreserved apology as i think that is only right and fair

Is that fair enough Blake?.

So you're accusing me of moving the links even though I said it didn't work when I tried it last night, I said I didn't touch them, and showed you proof it was already in the archive before you pasted the link? Wow.

The screenshots you posted show Charly's posting history. This would show content that was posted in archived threads that could no longer be accessed.

The fact that you don't believe me after all the interactions we've had over the past year or so and think this is all part of some conspiracy is astounding.

1966kph and britboy,

You two are behaving exactly like the people that got your clinic banned here in the first place. Your continued efforts to circumvent the ban, and your ceaseless spamming of threads with complaints of “harassment” and “censorship” and accusations of conspiracies and hidden agendas only reinforce the correctness of the publishers’ difficult decision to impose the ban. It appears that anyone and everyone associated with this clinic are simply unable or unwilling to abide by the rules of this forum.

Blake has told you repeatedly that the decision is final. Live with it, or move on. Or at least spare the rest of us your harping, and confine your complaints to private messages with the moderators. I can almost guarantee you will find a more receptive audience that way than if you continue down this path of discord. You might not get what you want, but at least you won’t alienate the rest of the members and end up getting yourselves banned as well.

If I were a patient of this clinic and wanted to post about it on privately run ht forums, I would first urge the physician owner-operator of the clinic to clean up his act, starting with eliminating from his web site all deception and obfuscation about who actually performs the clinic’s hair restoration surgeries. Unfortunately, he appears to have taken the opposite track. He just launched a retooled web site that is even more deceptive in this regard than the previous one, if that is possible.

One can hardly expect privately run hair restoration forums like this one to host threads directly or indirectly promoting a clinic with such demonstrated blatant disregard for truthful marketing of its services. If I were the publisher of a hair restoration forum, I would not even consider allowing posts mentioning this doctor or clinic so long as the deceptive marketing practices continued.

You say you want all the information out there so ht patients can make their own choices and informed decisions. Well, charity begins at home, as the proverb goes. You would be doing your clinic a service, and you would be doing patients who you think could benefit from this clinic a service, if you could persuade your doctor to come clean on his web site about his business model and stop stating and implying that he or other surgeons perform the clinic's hair restoration surgeries.

Please don’t take this post or others as ill wishes for your hair restorations. I hope both of you end up with gorgeous heads of hair that will bring you confidence and joy for the rest of your lives. In this respect, we are all in this together.

Good luck!

Ceaseless spamming and circumvention....I sense more attacks .. now you're starting on me... You are now taking advantage of the situation but please leave me out of it. I have and always writen honestly unlike YOU in particular.... I'm a Real patient and share and wish to continue to share my experienced. My experiences are as valid if not more valid than yours especially having been and still am a client of the klinik in question. I request you retract and appologise to me for your insinuation that I am spamming....I'm no spammer... I now see the twisted and distorted gang have risen their heads above the pulpit. You are rude.

Edited by britboy

1966kph and britboy,

Good luck!

Very well written and in agreement. There are plenty of patients from the surgeon on here who are no trouble.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

The first link never worked for me. If you look at the HTML code from your initial post it includes the characters "archive." This means the thread was in the archives when you posted it. I don't know who moved it there, but it wasn't me and it happened before yesterday. If I moved it after you posted it, the link in your first post wouldn't contain "archive"in the link. It would have HTML code directing it to an active forum destination. I don't know what you saw when you first posted the link, but it was always in the archives. And this is exactly what I saw when I clicked in it last night. I assure you, I did not touch any of these links.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Very well written and in agreement. There are plenty of patients from the surgeon on here who are no trouble.

You are another gang member agreeing with absolutely distorted facts. How dare you include me in your trollific Slurs....

I'm going to temporarily lock this thread until I get a chance to go over it will Bill.

Again, this isn't an attempt to censor anyone. The discussion is simply getting out of hand and I don't see it turning around.

The decision to ban discussion is never a happy or easy one to make. We took our time making this decision, and I think this thread serves as a reminder of why we felt compelled to act in this manner. What's more, I've received 4 private messages from community members this morning saying they agreed with our actions and asking for intervention in this thread specifically.

I thank you guys for the support. It supports my belief that this tough decision was made for the good of the community, and it's what our members wanted.

To the OP: I'm sorry your thread was hijacked. If you have specific questions feel free to send me a message.

All other members are welcome to do the same.

Again, thank you.