Super small scar repair

I have a small non-transplant scar thats about 7 months old. Some hairs still do appear to be sprouting from time to time, but the wound is basically healed and returning to the same color as the surrounding skin. I had a consult with Dr. Feller earlier this month as I have been reading these forums for months and he comes highly regarded. He recommended that I would only need 50-100 grafts to significantly break up the scar and allow me to wear a shorter haircut.

I realize this isn't anything compared to some of the scars people of the HT have, but still somewhat bothersome to me.

I just wanted some opinions on whether taking 50-100 FU's out of my donor area to soften this scar would be a good/bad idea or whatever. Some people have told me to forget about it as its not a big deal at all, but if I wanted to repair it, what's the likelihood that I'd be doing more harm than good?

Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated. I really would like to be able to shave down to #1-2 with no signs of anything having ever happened. I'm not concerned about going bald and will never get a full HT as my hair isn't that desirable to me to begin with, I'd just like the option to wear a short buzz cut.

You can see the scar attached

Thanks

IMG_1689.thumb.JPG.2b635334d44f92c84b40a99a99a9df15.JPG

If you're not that concerned about your future hairloss (I can't really tell if you are going bald right now) and if that scar really bothers you then go for it. The scar looks essentially undetectable already in that photo but maybe the pic is deceiving?

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

• Moderators

You say it's 7 months old. It can take up to a year to heal completely. You say it is filling in, so just leave it alone.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

thanks for the input.. we'll see how it looks in a few more months when it comes to a year and any hairs that are still coming back are grown out. i figure if i want to do it in the future, i'd be a perfect FUE candidate as it is such a small repair.