F*** it days! do you get them?

Paulygon

I get a few days every months where I don't take my meds, don't apply any rogaine.. the bad thing is that this can extend to a whole week.. which can cause my hair progress to move in a negative direction. my F*** it days is a slipperly slope.

Anyone experience this, or is this really a lack of discipline/immaturity on my part?

Side note: I have noticed that after not applying Rogaine for a couple weeks, my hair feels weak and starts falling out, thankfully Dr Mohebi's transplants are so strong and nicely placed that the Rogaine fallout is unnoticeable.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

I think that the extending in to a week thing is a lack of discipline. I have started to try to apply minox just at night because my hair in the day looks better without it. The minox drys it out I think. If I am in bed and almost asleep and remember, I'll get up.

I think its OK to skip a day here and there every once in a while, but I don't think I have gone 2 days without fin since I started. When I do one day, it's because I went out of town or broke my daily cycle and forgot or didn't have it available. If you don't get another procedure, the way you look now is the best you will ever look, so there is no reason the shorten that period that you are worry free enough to say "screw it." I would say that you should be diligent in taking your meds and humble about your result, remembering that the meds really helped your outcome and keep taking them and taking them on time and on schedule.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think that the extending in to a week thing is a lack of discipline. I have started to try to apply minox just at night because my hair in the day looks better without it. The minox drys it out I think. If I am in bed and almost asleep and remember, I'll get up.

I think its OK to skip a day here and there every once in a while, but I don't think I have gone 2 days without fin since I started. When I do one day, it's because I went out of town or broke my daily cycle and forgot or didn't have it available. If you don't get another procedure, the way you look now is the best you will ever look, so there is no reason the shorten that period that you are worry free enough to say "screw it." I would say that you should be diligent in taking your meds and humble about your result, remembering that the meds really helped your outcome and keep taking them and taking them on time and on schedule.

Thanks Spanker, for the high quality response!

A couple points you brought up are worth reiterating:

1- the fact that I stopped applying minox for an entire week (here and there) is a lack of discipline -- I needed to hear that.. time for me to shape up!

2- If you don't get another procedure, the way you look now is the best you will ever look, so there is no reason the shorten that period that you are worry free enough to say "screw it." that is a scary truth! wow, i just looked at myself in the mirror, and though I am in much better shape hair-wise than a couple years ago, I can not afford to get much worse than this!!! man...!

3- you should be diligent in taking your meds and humble about your result, remembering that the meds really helped your outcome and keep taking them and taking them on time and on schedule. yes! more wise words from the Spanker!

Question for you:

how long have you been appyling minox just 1x/day? do you plan on continuing at that rate? I would certainly like to hear about whether you are able to maintain results by decreasing from 2x/day to 1x/day.. and if you are, I would probably try that.. it will be much easier a regimen, and probably decrease my burn-out feeling and minimize the chance of any more "F*** it days".

FYI- I also noticed minox seems to dry out my hair (its the alcohol-content, I presume), but my hair grows fast enough anyway that I don't mind. better to have dried out hair than no hair up top. maybe there is conditioner that you can use to balance out any dry-ing out effect of minox.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.