prickly sensations after 9 weeks

I had my HT 9 weeks ago with Farjo in the UK.

I'm starting to get regular prickly sensations a few times daily and was wondering if this is the 'start' of growth, ie hairs breaking through the skin. Some of these sensations can be sharp and momentarily painful.

Would like to hear from veterans!

Thanks in advance.

Could be new growth as the timing is right when it starts to occur. Could also be healing of the minor trauma to the scalp in the recipient area, this is quite normal.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I'm not a veteran ( well, I am a Veteran) but I'm post-op 9 weeks also and I get the same prickly sensations now and then. I'm getting pimples too but with just a little research here and there, you will easily find out this is all *normal*. Boringly so. Enjoy the next phase! I am.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I had the exact same thing 3-4 weeks ago (I am now 14 weeks post op), and I experienced it for maybe a week to two. I called my HT surgeon about it because I was worried it was related to a bad shed I was going through at the time. His explanation was that the prickling was very likely the result of my scalp nerves regenerating. If you guys had FUT as well, that could be the explanation.

Edited by spartan13
typo

I only had them in the donor area and they subsided around the 5 or 6 month mark.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day