Day 1- FUE 2400 (tomorrow 2400 more)

Here's a pic of my new hairline. I wasn't expecting 2400 in just the hairline. The doctor also rebuilt the temple points which I think is very important. I think it will give me a good result. Anyone else have similar loss with 2000+ grafts in the hairline?

Please give me your opinions on my first day of surgery.

Thanks

5b32de84b311f_templepointleft.jpg.4e2de7a3f396dc7c0d83b8c79e83d267.jpg

It is really hard to tell from your loss from your photos. I had just over 2k in my hairline and I did not do temples(and had a fair amount of existing hair)/ I did my corners and the hairline. 2k these days is kind of standard for a hairline. I figure 1k per cm for the from 2 cm of the hairline and the density will reduce some behind it.

Who was your doc? Looks like a very large case.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks Spanker, that's good to hear. I was a little surprised so many grafts went into the front. And you are right, I have a lot of ground to cover as a NW5. My crown really isn't as much of an issue for me as the front.

The plan is to build up the front, and take care of the crown as best as possible, but I wanted the front to look as good as possible with lighter coverage in the back, versus all over light coverage/density.

The original plan was for 2400 today and 2400 tomorrow, but it looks like the doctor can get more grafts out than expected. He may bump up tomorrow to 2800-2900.

I flew all the way from the US to Istanbul to see Dr. Erdogan.

Hi James,

I will post more pics soon. The doc took a ton of very professional pics (they have a full on portrait studio at the clinic!). As soon as I get access to them I will post some before and afters.

I'm not familiar with Dr. Bhatti's work, but curious what makes the new hairline look like his? At first Dr. Erdogan didn't want to do the temple points. He wanted to save the grafts for the rest of the head (like I said, as a NW5, there is a lot of ground to cover). But after hearing my concerns about my hair receding straight back from just above my sideburns, and how unnatural I think that looks (with a transplant on top), he drew in what you see above. I think it is a nice line. Not too aggressive (I hope!)

I chose Dr. Erdogan primarily because of this website. I did a lot of research on FUT/FUE, and had several consultations with doctors in the US (both in person and virtual). Every single doctor pushed me to FUT, which is not what I wanted. Even a "famous" HT doc who invented FUE tools. It just felt like US docs didn't truly feel comfortable with the procedure. Dr. Erdogan has been doing it successfully for a decade or more.

After going to an italian HT forum and doing even more research, I decided on Erdogan. To be honest the price didn't hurt either.

So after this is all over (and assuming my head doesn't swell up like a balloon), my wife and I are going to enjoy this incredible city for a week. Surgery and a vacation, I know it seems crazy... But thanks to this forum, I feel really good about my decision.

Hi James,

I will post more pics soon. The doc took a ton of very professional pics (they have a full on portrait studio at the clinic!). As soon as I get access to them I will post some before and afters.

I'm not familiar with Dr. Bhatti's work, but curious what makes the new hairline look like his? At first Dr. Erdogan didn't want to do the temple points. He wanted to save the grafts for the rest of the head (like I said, as a NW5, there is a lot of ground to cover). But after hearing my concerns about my hair receding straight back from just above my sideburns, and how unnatural I think that looks (with a transplant on top), he drew in what you see above. I think it is a nice line. Not too aggressive (I hope!)

I chose Dr. Erdogan primarily because of this website. I did a lot of research on FUT/FUE, and had several consultations with doctors in the US (both in person and virtual). Every single doctor pushed me to FUT, which is not what I wanted. Even a "famous" HT doc who invented FUE tools. It just felt like US docs didn't truly feel comfortable with the procedure. Dr. Erdogan has been doing it successfully for a decade or more.

After going to an italian HT forum and doing even more research, I decided on Erdogan. To be honest the price didn't hurt either.

So after this is all over (and assuming my head doesn't swell up like a balloon), my wife and I are going to enjoy this incredible city for a week. Surgery and a vacation, I know it seems crazy... But thanks to this forum, I feel really good about my decision.

Just because of the temple work i guessed Bhatti! And i agree with you on the temple work and it looks good, should give a nice improvement.

Dr Erdogan is a great Doc, and like you say he is more comfortable and more exprienced than most Docs performing FUE. Wise choice you have made, if i needed a large procedure i would look no further than Lorenzo or the Turkish Docs, due to the fact FUE is all they know and have been performing FUE successfully for over 10 years.

I look forward to your progress and good luck tomorrow.

Thanks James!

I was a little nervous to press the issue (about the temple points), but I researched a lot of results, and with the "before" situation I was in, I really felt like it was important. I was glad the doctor let me win! lol

I'll post another pic tomorrow. I am interested to see just how far another 2400-2800 grafts is going to go on this head of mine!