Ht Grafts Count ?!

I had my HT at Hair Loss treatment center, Troy MI. This is my 5th month. I havent seen much results yet. I was curious (as my name says) and also was suspisious of this HT game after acquiring some knowledge through this messageboard, so started talking to this guy michael heilman and asked for my exact number of grafts- He said i got "2259" and the deal ws actually for "2000", with the results i am having either i didnt get that many number of grafts or ..major part of the grafts are not growing..but anyways..my question..

- How could any one possibly tell or count the exact number of grafts..like 2259....is anyone counting each graft ?? if its approximate ..i can understand if the answers are like 2000 or 2100..but 2259 ..so specific..?? Am i smelling something here ???

I had my HT at Hair Loss treatment center, Troy MI. This is my 5th month. I havent seen much results yet. I was curious (as my name says) and also was suspisious of this HT game after acquiring some knowledge through this messageboard, so started talking to this guy michael heilman and asked for my exact number of grafts- He said i got "2259" and the deal ws actually for "2000", with the results i am having either i didnt get that many number of grafts or ..major part of the grafts are not growing..but anyways..my question..

- How could any one possibly tell or count the exact number of grafts..like 2259....is anyone counting each graft ?? if its approximate ..i can understand if the answers are like 2000 or 2100..but 2259 ..so specific..?? Am i smelling something here ???

I do not know Rugger, I think when you fell asleep they actually implanted some of your hair into Jotronics head, and told you it was 4600, it was actually 5600 but not all in your head!!!

Thinking about a second one, what level were you Rugger (Norwood), any before pics, I got 2100 in February and thinking about another 2500-3000.

oh hell...i dont know what level norwood i was...i never checked..but there are some pre-op pictures of my head on the site here..

im definitely going to give it at least 12-15 months before i would ever THINK of going in for a 2nd procedure...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

We actually count the number of grafts being created and the recipient sites.Our technicians are given count sheets. The sheet is much like an Excel page. Each sliver is numbered and the number and types of grafts (1hair follicular units, 2 hair etc)are recorded for each sliver.The sheets are signed by each tech and the number are recorded. Throughout the case estimates are made to see where we are in trms of numbers of grafts. If it appears that we might be short the situation is discussed with the patient and he or she can decide whether we should try to obtain more tissue (if surgically reasonable), refund monies or add to another session if one is planned. In actuality we are generally over in terms of numbers of grafts and patients get more than what they paid for.

Aditionally I keep a running count of the recipient sites, marking every 100 graft sites.We can compare my count with the the number of grafts cut by the techs.

Paul T Rose, MD

813 259 9889

612 965 4247

paultrose@yahoo.com

Paul T. Rose, MD, JD

President ISHRS

Board of Trustees ISCLS

Dr. Paul Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians