Hat or concealer?

Im 5 months post op, got decent growth so far from my op with Hakan Doganay (2000 grafts) been wearing a cap pretty much since the ht and Im now at a point I could get away with some concealer to blend the transplanted hair with the native (Toppik) - Im pretty fed up with the cap but was wondering whats the better option in terms on keeping the grafts in the best condition for growth - Cap or concealer? The clinics rep has advised not to use fibres but I though they were pretty safe?

Id wait until the growth period is done, anything to prevent a doc to tell you your yield was low due to concealers later on (if it happens). Not saying that will be the case for you but its best to try to make your surgery optimal by trying to prevent any issues that may or may not arise. Keep your scalp healthy and optimal. Dont risk anything since this is a big investment. Listen to the doc or wait the entire 12 months.

Good luck.

So wearing a cap would be better than concealer

Hey buddy, i asked dr. Ayhan, who is the other doctor at AHD clinic, about the same thing and he told me that after 1 Month its fine to use toppik. So im suprised that they told you different?

Who told you not to use it? Dr. Hakan or dr. Ayhan?

Hey Quiff......my clinic encouraged me to try to avoid concealor for up to 6 months after surgery. They said they had seen people go back on it early in the past and they felt it definitely seemed to affect results. Thankfully I've managed to not put the stuff near my scalp since the HT.

Concealor can kind of 'cake' itself onto the scalp, clogging up pores, therefore not allowing the scalp to breath as well compared to it having no concealor.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Toppik or Nanogen is best avoided in the earlier stages but most clinics opinions can be used a week to 2 weeks after surgery if essential used sparingly and washed out every night. I would question why it can't be used 6 months after surgery but I would recommend if that is the case that your Doctor is telling you not to use it then follow his instructions.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Ive been wearing hats pretty much for 5 months, starting to drive me insane! I genuinely thought from month 6 it wouldnt be an issue if washed every night, It wouldnt be every day either maybe every other day or something like that

dr doganay told me after 1 month toppik and deramatch are fine to use

Ht #1: sure hair for men 21 years old unk amount of grafts. waste of money

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously