pics of my 2 HTs (so far)

Looking good man, do you always comb your hair fwd like that? I found that combing it back works better for me but I suppose it depends on your own hair characteristics!

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

no i hate the current look - I am growing it out now. I've been keeping it buzzed to 3/4" to 1" for about 6 months, but it's time to let it grow. this time next month it should be long enough to comb back or to the side with some kind of style. By Christmas I'm hoping to have a new look altogether. the new look will include HAIR for a change.

I am with you guys, I am extremely tired of the combed forward look. I have had it for about 6 years now, ever since my temporal recession became so noticeable that combing it back would only show off my huge forehead to the world. I am in the process of training my hair back also. It is about an inch or so long and it is tough to train since it has been years, but i find that a small dallop of pomade helps to get it going in the right direction and then I wear my ballcap on top so it stays put.

You are thickening up nicely, hugh. The next six months will be quite a ride for you, I am sure. I am definitely looking forward to Christmas (6 months) myself.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

it's kind of at an awkward stage right now whereby it is too long to be considered a buzz now (just over an inch) but too short to do a whole lot with. I'm just kind of pushing it to the side a little, still slightly forward. I can't wait to be able to towel dry, run some gel through it, and hand-style my hair, then not give it a second thought the rest of the day. It's been so long I don't remember what that's like. Will I ever be able to get there?

Hugh,

What an incredible difference in coverage from your first photo to the most current one! The scar looks very thin and in good shape. It looks like very nice work and I too can hardly wait to see your pics down the road! Congrats!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

thanks guys, for the encouragement and interest in my case. At this point it seems each week my hair is thicker and thicker. I bussed the sides and back down with a #4 but left the top untouched, so it has a bit of style to it. I am getting a lot of second glances and several of my balding brethren have made comments. I love it - it's like a little inside joke. When I walk thru a store and happen upon a mirror, I don't mind looking at myself. I used to avoid mirrors in public places b/c the bright lights magnified the thinning hair. Now I take a second and even a third look, turn my head, look from all angles, and it actually looks GOOD! At 4.5 months I think the hair from the 2nd HT is just taking off, so I can't wait for what's to come. And I'll keep the posts and the pics coming. Since I haven't told anyone cept the wife (who doesn't really understand) it is nice to discuss the issues of hairloss and HT here with people who "get it"

hey guys - i've decided to buzz my hair shorter (#6) again b/c it is still not thick enough to style (yet). Plus as the new hairs start growing in at all different lengths it starts to get unruly. I remember this from HT#1. I snapped a pic of how it looks today at the current length, which is about 1.2 inches on top. The new hairs are coming in more in some places than others, which I guess is normal but a little weird. The right side of my hairline appears to be especially resistant. Over all I am very happy with the progress and still happy with my decision to go forward with the HT experience. It sickens me to think where I'd be if I had never taken the plunge.

On the pic I outlined approximately where the hairline was placed

4.5months.JPG.b49df4fdb04e50fd10c3d117fbb6b9a7.JPG