Second surgery question

Hi, i had my first procedure in december 2011, with a reputed NY surgeon. i have no complaints as far as surgery goes. I had about 2300 grafts in the front third of scalp. While it's an improvement ( presently, i dont have any before pics), i would be lying if i said i am thrilled. For one thing, the transplanted hair is so thin that there is NOTHING i can do with it except keep it short and keep it in cesar cut. The hairline is not nearly thick enough to comb it back or anything.

At the time of the surgery, i was inormed that i will need a second procedure.

I am just wondering, based on others' experience, will the second surgery just cover the back of the head or will the surgeon also thicken the already transplanted hair?

I am enclosing some recent pics

Thanks

Paris

photo 2.pdf

photo 3.pdf

Yes it can be increased ! mine has been increased x3 times. If you say doubled your hairline i think you would get the desired result your looking for.

Yes there are FUE surgeons where you are offering mega sessions - look on the recommended surgeons list :-)

Why FUE? is a second strip procedure not recommended?

You can do either. Personally, I will be doing strip again, especially since I have 1 scar already, great laxity, and my donor is not the super dense, so my laxity will make up for that.

IMO, it all depends on what you characteristics are, what you are going for, and what you had done in the past. Shaving is not an option for me, so I don't mind strip for that reason too.

I can't see your pics so I can't give any advice to that end.

As far as megasession, the consensus of what that is changes with time. H and W can drop over 9k grafts on you in a day if they are available and needed, Dr. Konior does not do sessions quite that large because he does most of the planting himself, with only one other technician that has been there for years that assists him in planting. I have seen him for 5k plus sessions, which is still a mega session, but not as big as they get. Maybe H and W should call those gigasessions. :)

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Also, my first surgery was with a NY area recommended surgeon. i am a bit hesistant to name him because i dont want this to be considered a negative review. I have nothing but good things to say about him and his staff. Very professional and thorough. He did the best he could based on the fact that i had extensive hair loss and this was my first procedure. He did an "exceptional"job with the scar. It is all but non existant. But, he does tend to be a bit conservative but only because he is looking out for his patient's long term benefit. My question is should i stay with him or go for a mega session with someone like Konior?

Depends on how much your potential donor strip could have. Also with a 2nd FUT you have a increased chance of a stretched scar.

I had x2 FUT and have a horrible stretched scar. i wish i had FUE instead sooner.

Some people max out on FUT then switch to FUE though !