2200 FUE 27Th March

Reath

Hey guys,

So I just today had 2200 FUE grafts from a great surgeon and I was very happy with the pre-procedure and the procedure itself, but I can't lie, I am having a mini freakout about the results, as much as I'm trying to stay calm as obviously it's only a few hours old so maybe I'm being a bit crazy!

After the procedure and I looked at the final results for the first time I couldn't help but think it was a lot more aggressive than what we had drawn earlier, the pattern drawn earlier followed the path of my current hairline, pretty much, where as this one seems quite straight and rigid!

I guess the main thing I'm freaking out about is how I'm going to explain this hairline that's jumped forwards a good 1.5 inches to my friends and family, I think the work is good and clean though, which is great, I'm just not totally sold on the design. I realise I should not be freaking out as I can't change it now and it's such early days... but I wanted to get some if your opinions on the design and quality of the work.

Not to try and keep waffling on... but I also think the freakout could just be because I'm not used to seeing my face like this, Haha! Has anyone else felt like this about their HT?

Thanks!

20140327_190504.jpg.8abc047bcb37be7b28129eea9ab8352b.jpg

20140327_190442.jpg.38af8353455f54779b2db02f63445e2d.jpg

Why do you have to explain anything? It is your hair.. You can always say you are using minoxdil.. fyi people that see you every day will not recognize the change.. because its minor every day.. the people will recognize the change who did not see you in a long time once your hair grows in... that's my opinion

Personally I think it was more like the file attached (excuse the drawing, I'm on a tablet). But I'll speak to the Dr about my concerns tomorrow and see if I can get the pics with the original hairline drawing.

The more I look at it maybe the more it's growing on me, I guess I just have to wait and see what some growth brings!

Hair line looks great, dude. I bet you have nice results. As for "explaining to friends and family"; a) you dont have to explain anything to anyone that doesn't directly affect them, b) your friends and your family should be supportive of any decision you make that makes you happy, c) why not just tell them? They are the closest people to you.

I have told most of my friends that I'm getting a hair transplant and they all said something to the effect of "good for you! I'm glad it will improve you life"

Edited by Shacked

Wait for 1-2 months and then buzz down your hair to around 1-2 cm ... i have seen that when you keep seeing a person with short hair for 2-3 months, the slow process of growth is more acceptable to the eyes. If you keep hair very short, it will be kind of a new look. That's the issue with people. Whenever they see something different, they want to figure out what that is ... buzzing down the hair for someone who has longer hair like you is quite the new look. People might notice your new hair but they'll noticed the buzzed down look more and can understand easily why you look so different :). By the time you grow you hair back to normal length, it would be 6-7 months and with slow progress and daily looking at you, at least 50-60% of them won't notice much change .. But I'm sure there are still some people who would notice it somewhere down the road :)

Thanks for the support guys! The more and more I look at it the happier I am with the result. I didn't want to post the Dr's name at first incase there was an issue but I think it's going to be fine! I don't think anything fully prepares you for that first time you look in the mirror and basically see something so drastically different looking back at you for the first time in your life, I think that was the root of the worry, but the more you look, the more you accept it and start to like it. I'll do a full write up tonight with numbers and my experience :)

Hairline looks great. If it is transplanted too high and does not frame your face why bother with the HT?

You have nothing to explain or justify to anyone but yourself. If it really worries you, go yo the gym and get fit and they will notice that instead . . . Or if you are fit put on 50lbs ;).

Do not do the 50 lbs thing btw!