propecia and lowest possible dose

It has a great recorded regarding sides and its been used since mid 90`s so alot of data. The first thing is not to even think about having sides, yes have knowledge about them but you are already contemplating having them and will indeed look to convince yourself youre having them.

The drug has a fairly short halve life unlike what i use Dutasteride, so if you encounter issues they should clear up after stopping. Propecia is usually bought from web as Fincar 5mg and quartered with a pill splitter giving 1.25mg daily dose. It did nothing for me but Dutasteride did thicken my hair alot but not hair line n temples.

Hairlosshelp.com maybe a better website for you as its more suited to saving hair than here.

Do study this but dont get to hooked up on sides, yes some will have them most wont.

It's a flat-dose response rate drug, meaning once you've reached a minimum threshold amount going over that has comparatively little gain. The minimum threshold seems to be about 0.05mg. Yes, that's 0.05mg as in 1/20th a single mg.

Here's an excerpt from one such study that confirms this,

Scalp skin DHT levels declined significantly by 13.0% with placebo and by 14.9%, 61.6%, 56. 5%, 64.1%, and 69.4% with 0.01, 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg doses of finasteride, respectively. Serum DHT levels declined significantly (P <.001) by 49.5%, 68.6%, 71.4%, and 72.2% in the 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg finasteride treatment groups, respectively.

Personally if you're looking for a minimum dosage I would recommend 0.25mg, which can be done relatively easily by cutting 1mg pills into quarters. A dosage of just 0.25mg actually has very similiar potency as 5mg... which not only saves money but more importantly might curtail side effects. In terms of side effects it theoretically might not matter, because you're still reducing your DHT levels by a similiar amount... but no one really knows for sure, and it's sure as heck worth a shot especially if you're planning on being on it for the rest of your life right?