Can this be fixed???

So i have tossed around the idea of a HT. I am on propecia now which is crazy expense in my eyes. 5mg 70$ per month at walmart. My insurance does not cover this naturally. Anyway here is a pic . i keep loosing hair just on this one side. 33 years old. Not sure what i can do .. i also am taking rogain. I have spoke with damn good dr who said lets see what i can do to maintain, but doesn't think any meds will stop the frontal crowning???

HLine.jpg

Hold on. There are a few things that need to be clarified. You're getting 5mg Proscar for 70 bucks, right? You are supposed to cut the pill into quarters so 30 tablets should last four months. That's less than 20 bucks a month. You're not supposed to take 5mg at once.

Second, the crown is at the back of the scalp, not the front. With the medication you have about a 30/70 chance of maintaining but you have a much stronger chance of maintaining the areas behind the hairline and the crown area. This is a good thing because IF the front does go then you will have very little work needed to restore your hair. Once the back goes then you have a much larger hill (or mountain rather) to climb.

You should submit your pics to various doctors to get a feel for what kind of opinions there will be but be sure to take your time to read the vast amounts of information that is available online. It will be confusing mainly because a lot of it is contradictory but use your eyes and your common sense and think through things logically. You do this and you'll find the right answer for you. Remember, if it seems to good to be true it usually is but only if it is not backed up with multiple examples that you can see in photos and watch in video.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 weeks later...

sorry i meant 1 mg daily. I have been on that for about 8 months. thinking about stoping it since all the side effects i hear and read about! no side affects for me though. Rather be safe than sorry.

i guess instead of buying a sick bmw i will get a camry and have hair for days from a HT

• 3 months later...

ok so I am back.. i can't get over the receeding hairline i am having. I finally got off propecia because my x gf said my member wasn't has erect as it used to be.

I have spoke to a couple drs in Florida and some say if i get this hairline fixed i could cause my original hairline damage and may even fall out due to shock loss??

i just want my hairline back to when i was 25, strong with a mature look but dense.

Does anyone recommend anyone i can talk to.

I recommend anyone who is getting an ht to be on finasteride. If you get 5 mg of finasteride and quarter it at was Wal-Mart it comes out to about 3 dollars a month. I think the trauma of losing your hair can cause sexual side affects worse that fin for some people, but that's just a personal opinion.

I would consider a buzz cut and see how you feel about it. If you still can't get past it, I think Dr. Konior is about the best there is at hairlines. There are a lot of great docs on here so do your research. I had a similar procedure to what you would need.

Hts are not cheap and if you lose more hair you'll need another procedure, so it's a commitment. Good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

ok so I am back.. i can't get over the receeding hairline i am having. I finally got off propecia because my x gf said my member wasn't has erect as it used to be.

I have spoke to a couple drs in Florida and some say if i get this hairline fixed i could cause my original hairline damage and may even fall out due to shock loss??

i just want my hairline back to when i was 25, strong with a mature look but dense.

Does anyone recommend anyone i can talk to.

Your hair will never be what it was when you were 25. A HT cannot accomplish that. Your expectations and knowledge of this topic seem to be something that scream a negative result. First and foremost, if you cannot take Propecia due to side effects or are not willing to take it because of fear of side effects then a HT is not something you should ever do, end of story.

I am very skeptical of side effects from Propecia; however as they are way over estimated by patients who suffered from or would have likely suffered from erectile dysfunction regardless of the Propecia. Then of course they blame Propecia thinking it was the cause. As you will likely see, it was probably not the cause. Most reputable research will show this fact.

If you are that concerned about finances then you should seriously think twice about moving forward with what is a very expensive journey for most. But again, if you are not a candidate for medication then you are NOT a candidate for a HT and any doctor that tells you otherwise should be publicly discredited.

I feel the best option for you at this point is to embrace the hair loss and go with a buzz cut until you have the confidence to shave your head. It is not a bad look on most people. But until hair cloning or some other futuristic HT technique is mastered I do not see you being happy with the results, regardless of the surgeon.

Your hair will never be what it was when you were 25. A HT cannot accomplish that. Your expectations and knowledge of this topic seem to be something that scream a negative result. First and foremost, if you cannot take Propecia due to side effects or are not willing to take it because of fear of side effects then a HT is not something you should ever do, end of story.

I am very skeptical of side effects from Propecia; however as they are way over estimated by patients who suffered from or would have likely suffered from erectile dysfunction regardless of the Propecia. Then of course they blame Propecia thinking it was the cause. As you will likely see, it was probably not the cause. Most reputable research will show this fact.

If you are that concerned about finances then you should seriously think twice about moving forward with what is a very expensive journey for most. But again, if you are not a candidate for medication then you are NOT a candidate for a HT and any doctor that tells you otherwise should be publicly discredited.

I feel the best option for you at this point is to embrace the hair loss and go with a buzz cut until you have the confidence to shave your head. It is not a bad look on most people. But until hair cloning or some other futuristic HT technique is mastered I do not see you being happy with the results, regardless of the surgeon.

This!