How short can you cut the recipient after a transplant has matured?

Forgetting about the donor for the moment, for those of you whose HT has matured how short do you think you can cut the frontal recipient with it still looking natural?

I'd imagine that since the donor hairs are strong and healthy and are being placed at a density less than you would find in nature (assuming that the density transplanted density was relatively conservative) an extremely short buzz cut isn't going to look completely natural.

So is it true that a certain length is required to avoid the HT look?

Also, ignoring redness, does the HT 10 days post op look very close to how the final matured HT will look if it was buzzed to that same length?

Forgetting about the donor for the moment, for those of you whose HT has matured how short do you think you can cut the frontal recipient with it still looking natural?

I'd imagine that since the donor hairs are strong and healthy and are being placed at a density less than you would find in nature (assuming that the density transplanted density was relatively conservative) an extremely short buzz cut isn't going to look completely natural.

So is it true that a certain length is required to avoid the HT look?

Also, ignoring redness, does the HT 10 days post op look very close to how the final matured HT will look if it was buzzed to that same length?

hey man, I'm pretty new to this whole thing myself..but from what I understand, it can take a few weeks to a month before your scalp looks normal again, and possibly even longer to regain all the sensation back in that area...as far as how short you can go with the transplanted hair, my doc said than once mine is mature I can pretty much style it/cut it however I want (even shave it he said)...now I did have a little more than 3000 grafts placed just in the frontal region of my head which I believe is pretty dense so maybe thats why he told me that.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

There are some big factors that have an influence on this. First, how thick are your individual hairs? How much colour contrast is there between your hair and your scalp. Thick with no contrast is best, thin with a big contrast is not so good.

Originally posted by HairIsThere:

hey man, I'm pretty new to this whole thing myself..but from what I understand, it can take a few weeks to a month before your scalp looks normal again, and possibly even longer to regain all the sensation back in that area...as far as how short you can go with the transplanted hair, my doc said than once mine is mature I can pretty much style it/cut it however I want (even shave it he said)...now I did have a little more than 3000 grafts placed just in the frontal region of my head which I believe is pretty dense so maybe thats why he told me that.

who did your HT? did you post pix?