A deposit before HT

Should I avoid clinics or agents asking to make Western Union deposit?

YES. My advice would be to find a physician that is recommended on this forum, and then out of those do your research and find you favorite and go to him (or her). I feel like it is madness to have an HT with a doctor that you do not completely trust and have seen plenty of results on in an open forum setting such as this and preferably seen a result in person as well.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

vludsav,

Welcome! You've posed an excellent question. Finding the right hair transplant surgeon can be quite a daunting task. However, it is certainly not unusual for a clinic to request a deposit prior to your surgery. One way to avoid getting burned is to choose a hair restoration physician with a proven history of delivering quality results and patient satisfaction.

As you may know, our community pre-screens hair transplant surgeons worldwide. You can use our interactive map to locate a skilled, experienced and ethical physician in your area. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

You can even schedule one or more online consultations with the doctors of your choice.

The most important advice anyone can give you is to take your time and carefully research any and all surgeons you are considering before making a decision. We're here to help so don't' hesitate to ask questions.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

It is normal to be asked for a deposit before ht. I had to pay 250 British pounds as a deposit and I decided to do it via western union to save on taxes and other associated fees. No problem for me doing it this way

Hi everyone,

Does every HT clinics ask for a deposit when you sign up for a HT surgery?

How to avoid online scam?

Should I avoid clinics or agents asking to make Western Union deposit?

Thanks

I think I paid a $500 when I reserved my spot with Mohebi.

Due to personal circumstances, I ended up deciding not to do the surgery in 2011 and got a full refund...

Then in 2012, I went back to Mohebi, paid the deposit to reserve a spot on standby, and got the surgery done.

But, in your situation, whenever I hear the words "Western Union" I get a bit nervous..

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.