Shock Loss in Donor Area Post FUT

Hello,

I got my HT done on January 6th. Its been 2 months now but i see that the hair under both ears is gone. I used to have alot of hair. But post FUT, I see that there's alot of bald patches as you can see. I am a little tensed that that hair might not grow back.

Does this really happen? I have read here that shock loss in donor area is quite common and that hair grows back. But its been over two months now but i dont see any growth.

Also, how long before i could see the results of my FUT surgery come through. Its been two months, I know am being a little impatient but just wanted to know when does the hair starts to come.

Thanks.

Shock_Loss.jpg.5b39733d9bb777d21b6a0ac0258f4c01.jpg

Shock_loss1.jpg.9f4cc6d3ad386d563025563246c954a9.jpg

Could very well be temporary shockloss, hard to tell from these photos. Mine came back in 5 months post-op which is longer than average. I think 6-7 months is the maximum amount of time for shockloss to come back. The grafts should start coming through after month 3-4. Not much will happen until at least month 3.

I am a bit surprised that a surgeon operated on you considering your high norwood pattern and relatively low density donor though...

Thanks Mickey for your reply.

But is that a cause of concern for me? I had been to couple of different surgeons and they said am not ideal candidate for HT. Please do let me know if this could lead to something wrong? I have been trying to take care of my hair ever since transplant.

Even i was surprised when this surgeon was willing to go ahead with the surgery. He also suggested to go for second HT session based on my convenience. He said he will transplant my body hair as well for the second HT.

First HT session grafts implanted were 2800.

Thanks Mickey for your reply.

But is that a cause of concern for me? I had been to couple of different surgeons and they said am not ideal candidate for HT. Please do let me know if this could lead to something wrong? I have been trying to take care of my hair ever since transplant.

Even i was surprised when this surgeon was willing to go ahead with the surgery. He also suggested to go for second HT session based on my convenience. He said he will transplant my body hair as well for the second HT.

First HT session grafts implanted were 2800.

The risk of going through surgery with not enough grafts is an incomplete look and depleted donor area which leads to avenues like body hair harvesting, SMP etc. See how this procedure turns out first, don't stress please, it can only be detrimental to the healing process :)

Hi Jotronic,

I just wanted to know if there's anything that could be done for baldness on top and front of my head. I am 27 year old and baldness has been a problem for me. And he said it could be possible in multiple sessions.

Thanks Mickey, ya i will try not to stress but am always curious.