FUE 1500 grafts - 04 Aug 2014 - Dr Hakan Doganay

7.5 Months photo in direct sunlight. Before 7 months had 2 weeks break from minox and for some reason shed some transplanted hair. So had to cut it short cos the right side didn't blend properly into the old hairline. After restarting i'm still sprouting new hairs and improving week by week. The clinic promised to provide me a free touch up in case that the result doesn't meet my expectations which i feel very grateful for. Hopefully i don't need one, i seem to be a bit slow grower. Also, 1500 grafts is not a huge amount of hair so i have to give it that 10-12 months.

5b32e51cb16f8_7.5Months.jpg.fcdad33af646ca328354744ad39b5c65.jpg

6 months pics are great! Perfect especially the first and second pic.

Did you shed some hair later?

Yeah, at 6 months i was feeling much better about the progress. Not feeling so optimistic now as i am approaching 8 months and the right side is obviously very weak and blotchy compared to the left side, it doesn't blend properly, there is a gap between transplanted hair and the old hairline. Here are some photos taken 1 day post op at the clinic, does the scabbing look normal? I know that some patients are not good candidates for fue regardless how skilled the doctor is. I really hope that things improve though, its so frustrating to waste limited donor supply and then patiently wait one year for result that never comes. Money doesn't matter after all, but you cant get transected grafts back. Thank god i had just 1500 grafts and have plenty of donor hair left so i have a second change in case of subpar result.

Day1.png.9734a8561c125bbdc08ff63f72564ffd.png

Day1_2.png.2dd85592e8def0895bf27c738ea59796.png

Day1_3.png.3245dbcdf0820279d203ca3a9650be1b.png

Yeah, at 6 months i was feeling much better about the progress. Not feeling so optimistic now as i am approaching 8 months and the right side is obviously very weak and blotchy compared to the left side, it doesn't blend properly, there is a gap between transplanted hair and the old hairline. Here are some photos taken 1 day post op at the clinic, does the scabbing look normal? I know that some patients are not good candidates for fue regardless how skilled the doctor is. I really hope that things improve though, its so frustrating to waste limited donor supply and then patiently wait one year for result that never comes. Money doesn't matter after all, but you cant get transected grafts back. Thank god i had just 1500 grafts and have plenty of donor hair left so i have a second change in case of subpar result.

How did they clinic told you to wash after your HT?

Did they told you to "dap" some cream on with a piece of "dont know the name in english, but like a cloth or something", let it sit for 30 min. And Then wash with baby shampoo, 3 times Every Day, starting from day 1 allready?

And when they washed it for you the first Day, did they "dap" the cream on with a bit of presure.?

More pressure than you Think they should at that stage?

My experience with Dagonay was excellent. I started with 1750 graffs which gave great results. I ve later decided to go for density increase with 1000 graffs which was done last week. The staff is very kind and helpfull, they are among the only one really following up with the question before the surgery and after as well. Communication is good and Dagonay has lot of experience. If anyone goes for Turkey, i recommend him greatly ... Keep in mind that this surgery is very senstive and requires a very experienced surgeon. Price is of course a criteria but i really recommend checking the reputation of the doctor and the quality of the staff before anything else as lots of normal doctor in Turkey starts practicing hair transplant to increase their earnings but without having the required experience and technique for that. It can give chaotic results as the way the hair are implanted is very important to have a natural effect. You have only one head so i recommend all of us to carefully check everything before instead of only focussing on the price. Feel free to contact me for any question ...

How did they clinic told you to wash after your HT?

Did they told you to "dap" some cream on with a piece of "dont know the name in english, but like a cloth or something", let it sit for 30 min. And Then wash with baby shampoo, 3 times Every Day, starting from day 1 allready?

And when they washed it for you the first Day, did they "dap" the cream on with a bit of presure.?

More pressure than you Think they should at that stage?

Exactly like that, why the hell take the risk if its not necessary?! Anyways, left side which was transplanted by Dr Doganay has good growth, blends well and will turn out really good i'm sure. However after the shedding phase at 7 months post op (loss of miniaturized hair?) right side hairline which was transplanted by some male technician/nurse doesn' blend properly and has lower overall yield and blotchy growth. I contacted the clinic and booked a free touch up for 2nd june, it will be 10 months post op which i think will be enough to judge my result. This time Dr will transplant all the grafts himself they promised. So not a failed case but a bit worried that i will end up with 60-70 % yield instead of 90-100%

But i haven't given up hope yet, there are lots of thin wispy hairs coming and between months 8-10 i can expect to see additionall thickening. I know that these things sometimes happen with fue, but the way they treated me, always ansvered to my e-mails fast and provided a free touch up lefts me very hard to say anything negative about the clinic. I will update this once around 9-10 months before my 2nd session.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe anyone on this forum didn't have the decency to tell you that a HT with your minimal degree of hair loss is highly premature at the age of 20 to have any type of hair transplant. Unbelievable!

I can't believe anyone on this forum didn't have the decency to tell you that a HT with your minimal degree of hair loss is highly premature at the age of 20 to have any type of hair transplant. Unbelievable!

I have to completely disagree with you. I have seen many cases where nw 4-5 was transplanted with similar conservative hairline. Why should i wait until i reach my fourties or fifties and progress to nw4 and then transplant exactly same kind of hairline which was now transplanted at my age 21? We didn't use high density and i have lots of donor hair left so it will be easy to fix if i lose hair behind transplanted area.

I found out that i was having scalp ringworm infection (tinea capitis) which resulted as shedding 7 months post op. I succesfully treated it with terbinafine and now recovering from the infection and growing back my hair. Also got a late burst of growth for my right side hairline which was lagging behind, i'm on my way to good result, It just took it's time.

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't say wait until your forties or fifties, just that 20 is too young as you are going to experience further natural non-transplanted hair loss. I think around age 35 give or take a few years depending on stage of hair loss is best for most people. At age 20 I was experiencing minimal hair loss and a HT would have been very premature.

• 5 months later...
1 Month post op photos! Redness in the recipient has faded and can easily be hidden with my native hair, so far no one has commented anything. Donor area has experienced some shock loss and looks a bit thin but nothing major and it should come back withing the next few months.

I was advised to start dermarolling the recipient 3 times a week 20 mins each time. I've already got some pimples and stubble breaking through the scalp, is it possible to see regrowth this early? I've started using minoxidil twice daily to kick start growth.

I got relatively large area covered with 1500 grafts and hopefully the density will match my native hair as it grows out.

Dermarolling? Some people are worried about even touching the recipient, let alone sticking needles into it. Do you think that could be the reason for your less than desirable result?

Edited by jimboi

Got to say i thought WTF when i read that. To me your post op instructions seemed a bit odd, wash your hair three times a day? Why? - I know you can press on the recipient area a little, but not hard, and derma roller on recipient, ah er.

Do you have any new photos Jug?

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts