2500 grafts with Dr Hakan Doganay

alban

Hello everyone Ive been a member here for about 5 years now I remember starting and reading everyones stories, Been dealing with hair loss since i was 18 I'm 27 now and I'm writing this sitting in a room of the clinic where Dr, Hakan Doganay just performed a surgery for me.

Please excuse my grammar english is my second language. Let me start off saying that I found about this doctor through the forums here, i emailed there clinic and they replied to me within a day or two, i sent my pictures and finally decided to do this. It has been a blessing for me since battling with hair loss was truly a dramatic experience.

They asked to see my pictures and told me id need about 4000 grafts to cover all areas, i traveled from the states to istanbul, istabul antalya and once the doctor saw me he told me my donor was very week and unfortunately wasn't going to be able to take all this grafts.

I had done extend research about scalp micro pigmentation since my hair is very short, this seemed to work for me, the doctor told me that id be able to get about 2000 to 2500 grafts, after the nurses did their job they took 1500 from back of my head and 1000 from my beard.

I will show you guys here my pictures before and after, also the doctor found me a lady from turkey who is well known for doing scalp micro pigmentation and he highly recommended her for me, she came to the clinic and saw me, then the doctor decided that the grafts he would take he would put them all over my head so that the micro pigmentation would later come in between the areas most needed. he said id need to wait about a month so the scalp would be all healed and also that shock lost wouldn't yet be there so she could really see the areas where work would be needed.

Guys I'm very thankful to every single person in this forum who helped me with all the questions i had. I'm truly thankful to god as well that i was able to come here and have this surgery with Dr. Hakan he's truly a good hearted man, you can tell right away by his presence his sincere smile, he would grabbed my shoulders and rub them after the person would translate that my donor was weak, he felt my pain i think, i left it all in his hands, feel free to comment and ask any questions you guys have.

one more thing i wanted to let you guys know, i did laser therapy for about a year when i was 23, and this brought me amazing results, i kept on researching about this and found a home machine called capillus I've been using this for about a week, and plan on using this in the next week again, this is supposed to help tremendously with my new hair growth, i will keep you all updated.

to all of you researching about ht, again feel free to ask any questions i will do my best to answer all, keep your faith and once again THANK YOU ALL!

IMG_2184.jpg.d2b15413142a0971615e99050c6a0740.jpg

5b32dd9ed1baf_afterhtDrHakan.jpg.97d30ea1350ea29730226d8fc170089a.jpg

Great to read your post as this is my concern and was fearful of a Dr just going for it and causing major thining in the donor area.

I have pretty much same hair as you but use dermatch and pull of a no hair loss look with shave 1#.

Please do regular updates pics etc.

Best of luck

hey guys thank you all for taking the time and replying here.

voipman well the doctor told me he could have taken more grafts but this would be a risk for him, since my donor would've gotten thin and a risk he didn't recommend to take, he said 2500 would be taken at max and after a year or two we could revisit again and see if maybe we could take more grafts. I put myself in the doctors hand, i have a lot of trust on dr Hakan and i told him this, so i feel much more happy now, and my hair is a buzz cut so i plan on keeping the back very short and the top about 1 or two. we will see how things turn out.

Johnboy71 i don't have more available grafts on the beard as of now unfortunately. but this may change with time.

Like i said I'm planning on doing scalp micro pigmentation but I'm still looking for the right place to do this.

its my second day after operation and i feel just fine I'm still in turkey my flight leaves on the 9th, i regret staying here too long, but i thought it would be necessary.

one more thing i want to add guys is that i just started using laser cap capillus 272, this is an amazing machine that i hope will help a lot with this new growth, i will keep on posting pictures for all of you.

And to all you guys out there please give me any input about this, ask any questions id like to connect with as much as you guys as possible! thank you!!

I have used both and find Dermatch alot better as its more durable than Toppik. I can wear a helmet and sweat swim wear Beainies and it stays on unlike toppik and imoa looks better. Toppik looks greenish in bright sunlight sometimes i noticed.

Personally i would try it before scalp pigmentation when your Ht works.

really? the problem with topik is if someone grabs and rubs on your head it will come off, but i got used to using it, where do you buy your dermatch? and does it stain if you lay on a white pillow? i can't use any of this things until about a month after this ht, i was told this things can cover your poured on the head limiting the air and this isn't really a good idea, have you heard of couvre? any thoughts?

after you put on dermatch? how long does it take you to put it on? and do you use anything after to have it stay in place?

thank you!

alban,

Congratulations! Sorry to hear about your donor supply. I'm extremely interested to see how this plan work for you once you are able to have the SMP. Please continue to update us.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dermatch takes about 1-2 minutes to apply and no it does not come off on white pillow unless you apply to much. best to wipe scalp after applying with toilet paper if your worried about white pillows.

i buy it online loads of places but make sure you get dermatch not other brands.

How are things going with you?

Hey David thank you so much!

its been 3 days after this surgery I'm flying back to the states tonight, i just feel like this extra 2 days here weren't even necessary, would've felt much more comfortable back at home.

I think in about a month i will be able to tell with more clarity how this smp will work for me. I want to help as much people as i want answering questions and updating with pictures weekly.

Hey voipman.- I'm very interested on dermatch now, specially if you say it takes 1 to 2 min and it doesn't really come off the way topik does. do you know if dermatch clugs the poures on the head? The doctor suggest to not use topik for about a month and to try not to even use it because some of this things to cover baldness tend to cover up the poures not letting the hair breath, do you know anything about this?

thank you guys

I really could not tell if it would do any scalp damage. I can see it with toppik as its like dusting your scalp hence blocking pores

I wear a helmet n sweat like mad and it stays on and swimming. It also last for years as my tub cost ?25 and im still using it 3 years on.