Proscar Problems

I am having trouble finding a doctor in my area (NW FL) that will prescribe me Proscar...they all want to give me propecia. I tell them its a money issue and they dont seem to care. They say i should not be cutting drugs on my own.

Is it possible to get a prescripiton from one of the docs on this site after an online consultation (with pictures)? I want to get on Proscar for a year and then get a HT.

Any hints or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

I am having trouble finding a doctor in my area (NW FL) that will prescribe me Proscar...they all want to give me propecia. I tell them its a money issue and they dont seem to care. They say i should not be cutting drugs on my own.

Is it possible to get a prescripiton from one of the docs on this site after an online consultation (with pictures)? I want to get on Proscar for a year and then get a HT.

Any hints or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

For a physician to write a medication they are supposed to have a chart on that patient. Dr. Cooley see's each patient we write scripts for. This is to make sure the patient understands fully the medication and also all questions are addressed. I can not answer for other doctors but I do not know one who will write a script without the patient coming in to the office. The recommendation from the federal government is not to refill for more than one year without a follow up visit.

Ailene

Dr. Jerry Cooley's office

Charlotte, NC

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Drew...if you go to your doctor, and you "might" be concerned about prostate cancer...say maybe you have someone in your immediate family that had it, or other prostate problems...then perhaps your doc could prescribe you Proscar for it...if he's cool...

otherwise, there are places on the internet that will send it to you , with an online physician writing the prescription..just be careful you dont get it from overseas and end up getting a tablet with jello mix or some other crap in it instead of the real thing..

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

I have an appt. with a great doc today at 12:45pm....I will let you know how it goes. Im going to tell him its a money problem and that Proscar is covered on my insurance (true). Also my dad has had some recent prostate problems (true) and see what he says. Thanks all!

There are several problems inherent to prescribing Proscar for hair loss. One potential problem may occur because the drug is not necessarily dispersed evenly throughout the tablet and cutting the tablet may provide different doses.

Another problem can arise if the medication is being paid for by insurance.Because Proscar is prescribed for prostate hypertrophy a male who takes the drug for hair loss may be labelled as having a prostate problem. If the patient changes insurance he may be told that he is not covered because of a pre-existing condition.

In terms of expense some physicians have felt that Propecia can be taken 4-5 days per week and similar results could be expected because of the metabolism of the drug.

Paul T Rose, MD

612 965 4247

813 259 9889

paultrose@yahoo.com

Paul T. Rose, MD, JD

President ISHRS

Board of Trustees ISCLS

Dr. Paul Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr Rose,

There seem to be different views on this "cutting" business. Of course if you cut a Proscar tablet in 4 you're never going to get 4 equal size pieces and hence 4 equal doses, regardless of whether the drug is dispersed evenly or not.

However over a 4 day period you'll have the full tablet in your body & it is my understanding that it is sufficient to provide the required effect, but of course I might be wrong.

On this same subject, I have been trying to find out whether the time of day you take the drug matters or not. Some say it is better to take it before bedtime as DHT levels peak when you sleep... is there any scientific proof of that & would you recommend it as well?

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day