Transplants in Missouri

sghampton

I am 55 years old and had a bad transplant 25 years ago. I have been talking with a Doctor Ken Bushwack in Kansas City. Dr. Bushwack seems to be very caring and has promised to make the nasty 2 inch scar disappear in the back on my head, plus leave give me natural results. His price is very reasonable 2000 grafts for 5K plus. I am a little concerned, he uses FUM and not FUE...is this something bad? Also I do not see any doctors from Missouri recommended on this site? Has anyone had work done by Dr. Bushwach in Kansas City? Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

I cannot stress enough the importance of going to a reputable Doctor. I have never heard about this Doctor so I will allow other members to comment. However, if I were you, I would strongly consider one of the recommended Doctors on this website. Have you considered Dr. Ron and Paul Shapiro? There are many ethical and talented Drs who are recommended on this website. I recommend doing online consultations via the "consult a physician" tab.

Also, there are many extremely talented European physicians who are recommended here. Some include Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Feriduni and Dr. Lorenzo.

My advice: go to the best even if it costs you more money.

Best of luck to you!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hey mate! I recommend traveling for the procedure. In regards to a few recommended physicians: Dr Feller (based in NY, I believe) has an outstanding reputation online, as does Hasson & Wong (based in Canada). Dr. Rahal is also very talented (based in Canada). Dr Ron/Paul Shapiro (Minnesota, I believe) are also top notch. There are a lot of Doctors who are very gifted at what they do, so I recommend meeting a few of them in person before making a decision.

Best of luck to you. :)

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

To the original poster…I'm close to the Kansas City area and have gone through the same evaluation process as you. I'm slightly younger (44), but did some research on Dr. Bushwack as well. It appears as though he's done some good things (volunteer transplants through the state of Kansas----something with veterans or children…I can't recall exactly), but his focus would be on small case stuff. At one time, he had an affiliation with this network, but there was a falling out due to a complaint and his lack of response (I don't recall exactly) with resolving that situation. From what I recall, he and this site decided to part ways. Although he's probably a decent doctor, I think you have much, much better options within driving distance. Without question, I would recommend tripping to Chicago and Minneapolis to consult with Konior and Shapiro. I have met with both and their professionalism and opinions are world class. This is obviously as it relates to FUT.

I'm not sure of your situation (nw class, donor, laxity, goals), but you screwed up once (as you stated) and I think the best long term solution is to visit Konior and/or Shapiro prior to making a final decision.

Hi Sg,

While we do not currently recommend any physicians in Missouri, we do endorse a variety of excellent surgeons in surrounding states. For example, you may want to review our physicians in Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kentucky, and Colorado.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.