meds

Abby

What is the score with propecia, I read on some web-sites about labido reduction, diminished sperm count even after stopping the med, suicide, erectile dysfunction and most of all you loose your hair when you start the drug.???????? After reading such info im a little confused as to why would people want to put themselves through so much trouble and uncertainty, although I read of success stories on the forum.???? Im flipin

I've taken Propecia (half dose, .5mg a day) for six years and haven't experienced any side effects...and I still have my hair. It's been a heaven sent. I think its worth trying, if it effects you in a bad way you can always stop with little to no damage.

I just recently got a perscription for it. Im tempted to cut the propecia pill in half and take it that way, I heard its 80% as effective with less possible issues, but reading a docs blog he seems to think 1mg is safe enough.

Originally posted by andy79:

I've taken Propecia (half dose, .5mg a day) for six years and haven't experienced any side effects...and I still have my hair. It's been a heaven sent. I think its worth trying, if it effects you in a bad way you can always stop with little to no damage.

Cheers buddy for the info. I think I may just give it a bash, as you said theres no compulsion in continuing the meds if they have an adverse affect.

Cheers

I have taken .5mg propecia EOD for 9 months with decent improvements and dont think it would make any difference taking a bigger dose except I would get sides!!. strong stuff

HT 2006/7

Maybe someone can explain to me why lowering the dosage would have any effect at all. I believe there are studies that .20 mg of fin can reduce just as much DHT as 1mg.. I believe thats why in Japan they sell it in .20mg dosages. So how could lowering the dosage get rid of the side effects if your still blocking just as much dht.....?

That is a very good question brent,when i even took .5 ED the sides started but EOD it is not so bad.Just glad I can take it in some form and get benefit.I read an answer on another forum about this question and someone said your liver metabolises the amount of fin it needs to do the job its designed for and the left over is what floats around the body f****** you up.There seem lots of questions that dont have absolute answers about fin yet and this is another.

HT 2006/7

T.C thats a good theory. When I took a pill everyother day, the days that I took the pill it was worse.. obviously.. but the next day things were better, but did not completely solve the problem. I guess that would mean that goes through the body very quickly.. maybe a coalition doctor could help answer my question, anyone?