Finasteride and drug test

PJ1984

Hi all

I have a drug screen for a new job tomorrow. I have been taking finasteride for 6 months. Will I fail on the test due to finasteride? I don't have a prescription for the meds. Or am I being paranoid?

Thanks

You're going to have to choose between your hair or your job. What's more important?

Kidding. You're fine. The Fin will show up in your urine/blood but it's not illegal and highly unlikely your company will even be looking for it anyways.

I think Fin might be a banned substance for sports, but I'm assuming you're not a professional athlete and this is just a regular job. So worst case scenario, for some reason they actually pick up on the fact you take Finasteride... and don't care.

A drug test? I don't think that a drug test is even testing for finasteride; it wouldn't even show up.....

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

If I am not mistaken, immunoassays are used to test for drugs. Immunoassays are extremely sensitive to the molecular structure and would never mistake one compound for another, unless of course they have very similar structure. That being said, drug tests usually testing for very specific molecular structures on the drugs they are testing for, not all drugs. You're safe, relax.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Just curious. Why is fin outlawed in a lot of professional sports? What advantage would it give an athlete?

EDIT: Nevermind....I just Googled it. While it's not a PED it can mask a lot of the illegal PED's that the athletes could take.