Best HT surgoun for AA Female in NY/NJ area

Naomi04

Hi all,

I need your help finding a surgeon with a great track record with African American hair restoration.

After 10 years + of suffering from hair lost mainly due to traction (tight hair pulling) I have decided HT was the only option that will re-growmy hair

however; I was told my by dermatologist that HT is not a viable option for AA females. What are your thoughts? Do you have any recommendations on a HT surgeon for AA hair? Please help! Thanks.

~Naomi04

Your dermatologist has no idea what s/he's talking about. For NY/NJ area start with Drs. Feller, Wesley, True and Dorin, and Frank. In fact I think Dr. Wesley recently posted some AA results.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I've seen enough results on here to know that your dermatologist is wrong. Hairthere has posted the surgeons you should consult with in your area. Good luck!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I wanted to let you know that I decided to go with Dr. John Frank at Anapelli Hair Clinic for my hair transplant. It’s only been 5 days since my procedure and so far so good. I’m already looking forward to seeing the results and seeing how this will change my appearance.

Dr. Frank and his staff are amazing! I would like to say thanks to David, Shawanna, T and Melody for all their help in making my hair transplant experience pleasant. They made me feel comfortable and at ease from the moment I arrived at the clinic. I was surprised how fast the time went and before I knew it the procedure was over. I would recommend Anapelli Hair Clinic to anyone who is considering getting a hair transplant. I am so excited and can’t wait enjoy the results. Thanks to all who provided feedback on transplant docs in the NYC area. I will provide another update in a few months.

:)

• 8 months later...