One month Post Op Still Swelling above Donor Area

Hi Guys,

I just had my second ht from Pakistan and it was a mega session including crown work. It was FUT+FUE 4000+ grafts as they claimed. I am now over one month since i had ht but swelling above donor area not going away.

I been to my surgeon and he said nothing to worry and gave me some anti swelling caps which helped little bit.

But after completed the course swelling still there my graft area is fine and no itching or swelling there, there is like a bump above the stitches area and i feel its spreading and going up to the crown

I am back to UK now and made my appointment with my local doctor. Just wanted to know if any one experiencing the same and its not dangerous ie grafts etc.

Thanks

You should not have ANY swelling at this point. Your grafts should be fine, but I'd be very concerned about the swelling from a pure health standpoint. Get to your doctor immediately.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hi hairthere

Thanks for your reply yes i made an appointment with my local gp here in UK but its on 19th. Just to mention i using warm hat would this cause swelling. Also when i wash my head swelling reduce but when i wake up in the morning it increases. Do i need to see my gp in emergency cos i am worried now.

Yes, I would tell them it's an emergency and you need to see the doctor immediately. Just explain the situation and I'm sure they'll understand and get you in.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

What has your HT doctor said about this? You definitely want to be seen as soon as possible.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

He said its normal and no need to worry sometimes it takes time and also advised that put pillow under my neck and sleep which is very hard and after a month i think i should not be using pillow under my neck and sleep.

Although swelling reduces then increases and anti swelling meds helped little bit and washing head helps and give a lot of comfort but swelling not going away completely.

Have you tried an ice pack to help with the swelling ?

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

My doctor was Dr Naveed and Hair transplant center called Cosmetic Surgery Pakistan also known as Dubai cosmetic surgery Islamabad Pakistan.

Yes i used ice packs and they reduced swelling but the problem is that swelling comes back and not going away completely.