Can I hide my transplanted area ?

Hi All,

I am planning to do a hair transplant but I do not want people to notice the hair transplant.

I am not talking about scars but the transplanted area .

I know there is nothing much we can do to hide the transplanted area but still want to know from the forum members as this a big forum .

Will taking few days(5 to 10 days) off from work after the hair transplant will help ?

Thoughts ??

Thanks in advance .....

With a skilled surgeon, you may consider7 to 10 days once the scabs wash off on their own which was how it was in my case.After that your recipient area may be just a little pink depending on your own skin tone

If you didnt have to shave down then no one should know.

hope this helps and good luck

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

We would need more info like your hair loss level, shaved or non shaved, etc.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks Scooter for your reply . I think that helps ....

Spanker , I think I will come under Norwood 4 or 5 .....

As far as I know I do not have to shave if I go for a FUT .. On the other hand I think shaving is required for FUE .. Right ??

Considering this I think I would go for FUT because one of my goal is that people will not know immediately that I have done a transplant ......:)

If you are a high nw like that, it will be hard to hide the fact that you have had a ht.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Samar, decided between FUT or FUE based on differences in initial shaving of your head is a bad idea. I would advice you think more long term, as it is a life long commitment. With that said, if you shave the sides and back of your head down a month or two prior to surgery, people will get used to you looking like that before you get surgery done and it becomes a non issue... people might think you have a bad taste in hair cuts for a while, but oh well!

Also whether you can keep some of the top of your head unshaven is probably more dependent on the doctor than whether it's FUT or FUE. I think most doctors will allow it.

Your recipient area will likely be the biggest indicator that you had surgery. Your recipient area will be noticeably pink/red for at least a month or two... for most people it's several months and it can extend over a year especially if proper care is not taken. Because you're a high NW it's unlikely you'll be able to hide the recipient with a comb over.

For hiding the recipient area you can try 1) tanning as much visible area a week before the surgery (pale skin contrasts with red more), 2) keeping it out of the sun and applying witch hazel / aloe vera, and 3) using a concealing method like makeup or possibly even a spray on tan (check with your doctor first).