Great results from Dr. Vogel (1100 strip method)

Hi guys I would like to share my experience with you. I know that choosing a Doctor for this procedure can be a challenging task. I'm also aware that patient reviews are very important in this field. I hope you find this helpful. And please ask any questions

I started to notice my hairline receding senior year high school. It was very gradual throughout college, but after I graduated my recession really started to show. Hair loss was mainly in the front sides (temporal area); although, I also had a couple patches of thinning hair spots (aka. Soon to be bald spots). My hairline made simple things take an unordinary amount of time because I spent so much time trying to get my hair just right. Sometimes my friends even caught trying to look at my reflection when out in public places. It was so frustrating and even embarrassing at times! My self-confidence plummeted, and I got to the point where I just couldn’t take it. I looked online and found out about the hair transplant procedure. Next I look up doctors who perform this surgery.

A year ago I was in the same position as some of your are now.... trying to find a doctor. This is not an easy task to say the least. As many of you probably know, Anyone with a medical degree is able to perform this surgery. The only real thing people have to go off of is patient reviews, which is how I based my decision. It is for this reason I am on this forum.

I had a great experience with Dr. Vogel and his team. The procedure consisted of 1100 grafts via strip method.The results definitely exceeded my expectations. I'm not exactly sure of the % of grafts that took, but it is very high. If I decide to further improve my hairline I will definitely go back to Dr. Vogel.

I attached some pictures so you guys can see my results. If you have any questions about my person experience, or about Dr. Vogel and his team don't hesitate to ask. You can also pm me. I will be sure to check back on this thread a couple times a week.

Front.jpg.cbe0446241d791881733819ea24f662f.jpg

Left.jpg.2206d5cc9c8397cd01e47d41d06676f1.jpg

Right.jpg.60e8aa2ddf497e2d2e744ff7aa4dbc42.jpg

Top.jpg.1b3e9592af0a49ac8652cecfd61e6c76.jpg

• 1 year later...

Looks like this patient's long gone from the forum and enjoying his new hair. Looks to have had a good result with a relatively small amount of grafts.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Hockey game,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant surgery with Dr. Vogel. In my opinion he does superb work and certainly this is just more evidence of that. I'm sure you're thrilled with your results.

I knew somebody would chime in with the whole "you should have had FUE" because the procedure was smaller. However, I'm a firm believer or that patients should consider stripping out first and then later doing FUE. This appears to be the best way to maximize the number of grafts you can have transplanted over a lifetime. Perhaps if this particular patient only needed this procedure over the course of his life time then FUE may have been preferred. But if you're thinking over the course of time and this patient is young with the potential for more hair loss, I think strip is the best way to go first followed by FUD in the future.

Best wishes,

Bill

Very nice result, and a good conservative approach. I also had an FUT for a relatively small number of grafts (1,450) and don't regret it for a minute. Starting with FUE if you think you might need more work isn't an approach that makes a whole lot of sense to me.