So, how many grafts can be obtained from a single strip surgery?

Sorry for making multiple threads, but it's something that didn't come to mind and answers are kind for vague.

Basically, my hair is kind of fine, I image about 70 follicular units per cm, and a surgery would need about 2000-2500 grafts to be successful.

Would it be best just to go with FUE?

If you are going to keep long hair it shouldn't matter except you'll have to shave your donor region for fue, which is why most females opt for strip.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hard to say if one procedure or 2000-2500 follicular unit grafts will be enough for you, The best way to get the most out of a persons donor area over a lifetime is with multiple strip procedures versus multiple FUE procedures.

Thanks for the reply, i more wanted to know if you can get that many grafts out of a single procrdure.

It seems like a single hair strip would only yield about 1800 grafts at the most, but I might be thinking about it the wrong way

It all comes down to your scalp laxity and donor density. Some people have been able to get 5,000+ grafts from a single strip procedure. Without knowing your scalp laxity or donor density, I would still be willing to say that you shouldn't have a problem extracting that many grafts, but there is always a chance you won't. Really only a doctor can tell you that from an in person consult.