3553 FUT w/Dr. Lindsey and ONE YEAR LATER TODAY-->

ThinToWin

Hey all,

I am quietly celebrating my one year anniversary since a 3553 FUT with Dr. Lindsey in McLean, VA. Man, where has the time gone?

"They say" that you shouldn't judge an HT until 12-18 months after. Well, at the exact one year mark, I think the results are amazing. (Heck, they've been amazing for a few months now, really.)

You can check out where I started in post #10 -- and also see some along-the-way pics -- in this thread here: My experience with DR. LINDSEY in Mclean, VA -- Wow. - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

Let this serve as a reminder to the folks who are in the early stages of their HT, to those who are in the "ugly duckling" 2-month stage, or to those who are just starting to see some growth and can't wait for it to just be all grown in already… You WILL get there! Before you know it, it WILL be a year later, and hopefully you'll be enjoying results like I have. Just when I thought this day would never get here, here it is.

This has been a real outlook-on-life changer for me. I can't thank Dr. Lindsey and his staff enough. I can't wait to get down there and let them all see the results for themselves.

EDIT: Whereas the pics aren't great, I took them directly under an overhead fluorescent light, and also where light comes through the window behind me, trying to show the way things look in a pretty bright lighting situation.

1year4.jpg.eadcd0a3196f02fdbb2a99432fe112af.jpg

1year3.jpg.200d151eb9ec5b8591df809cf2ec203f.jpg

1year2.jpg.88fe1cd835940426c3d3d5238866febe.jpg

1year1.jpg.0aebe1a286e8953724d4868ac8a1f02f.jpg

Edited by ThinToWin
Forgot a couple things...

Looking great, huge improvement!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Amazing, looking great.At 2 weeks ,Ive got a long way to go.By the way, thanks for posting your journey as I can have a time line to follow since Im just beginning.

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Congratulations to you and Dr. Lindsey.

I think it looks like a great improvement. As a future Dr. L. patient I am glad to see these results as you have very similar hair to mine. 3553 is a pretty large amount. I hope the scar or lack there of is looking good. From the original photos it looked like it was another clean stitch job.

Congratulations to you and Dr. Lindsey.

I think it looks like a great improvement. As a future Dr. L. patient I am glad to see these results as you have very similar hair to mine. 3553 is a pretty large amount. I hope the scar or lack there of is looking good. From the original photos it looked like it was another clean stitch job.

When is your HT taking place? You're in good hands with Dr. Lindsey and his staff.

Speaking of the scar, I saw a picture that someone posted of his scar area, and he was complaining about the donor area being pretty obvious a couple years after his HT (I forget who his doctor was). He had dark hair, and despite it being an inch or so long in the back, you could clearly see his donor area through his hair. He didn't post a pic of the scar itself, but he really didn't need to. It was clear that the area wasn't being hidden by his hair (and his hair looked pretty thick back there). He was casually wondering if he should do something about it. Man, it was REALLY obvious, and I think I'd be flipping out about it, not casually wondering if something should be done.

Anyway, I am convinced that I didn't just "luck out" with my closure, that my donor scar is tight and undetectable mostly because of Dr. L's skill. I'm sure that some of it has to do with how well someone heals, but the majority of it was that Dr. L does some great closure work. That was one of the things he told me that he thought set him apart from some other HT surgeons, and I think he's right about that.

When I get down to see him soon, I'll make sure that he takes pics of the donor area.

Good luck to you!