Dr Rahal 3774 FUT 3 Month Update!

jbny

Here are some photos of where I am currently at. Today is Jan. 14th, so these photos are taken at the 3 month and four day mark.

So far things seem to be going well. I have a few concerns but I dont think I should jump the gun until I farther along. In particular, my right frontal zone is lagging way behind the left. I kept a great deal of transplanted hairs that never fell out, most being on the left side, and it is clearly ahead of the other side. I have a small spot the size of a penny that is quite bare on my right side which concerns me. I am hoping that those were just hairs the fell out and havent come through yet. Also, my right temple point seems to be way ahead of my left, and the outline of it is clearly visible, while the left temple looks like it looked pre-HT.

For 3 months Id say that I am satisfied but a little concerned about what I mentioned above.And when I say concerned I say with a lot of reservation knowing that it is still very early on. I look almost like I looked pre-HT, but now I have a CLEARLY visible hairline and many hairs where there was nothing before. I also have been using Xfusion keratin fibers so that I could stop wearing a hat. People are astonished when they see me and cant even tell that anything is in my hair. WIth the Xfusion, it looks like I have a full head of thick hair. The stuff really is incredible.

Please feel free to comment and Ill post more at 4 months.

3month1.jpg.14eec9398a6edb3e757a8b63839432ff.jpg

month2.jpg.e62b1f3d5d3ba7eeae0924983ed5d27e.jpg

month3.jpg.e2218e890c0ccb1b81be6b54c69d6f16.jpg

3month4.jpg.7b1b30c3f947cfeb0c3f2cc1857e2403.jpg

3month5.jpg.8b611c77539578783fd462d6970c0837.jpg

J,

At 3 months, it is far too early to be concerned about the above issues. Everything looks like it is maturing as expected. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for the input. Thats why I said that I had some reservations about even mentioning my concern cause I know its very very early. I guess its cause my left side is off to such a good start that I was a little concerned about the right side lagging behind, but after hearing from you guys and the clinic itself I am really not concerned at all. I cant wait to see what month 4 will look like.

Thanks for the input. Thats why I said that I had some reservations about even mentioning my concern cause I know its very very early. I guess its cause my left side is off to such a good start that I was a little concerned about the right side lagging behind, but after hearing from you guys and the clinic itself I am really not concerned at all. I cant wait to see what month 4 will look like.

You should and probably will see improvement. On the flip side, 4 months is not very long either so don't freak out if you don't see a huge improvement.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website