Newbie here :) I need your advice please

Hey everyone

I am a female with a high hairline. I have been to a few consultations and have been told I need between 1400-1900 FUE. I want to do the FUE where you do not shave the head at all. Some doctors have told me however that this is not good, as more grafts die than with normal FUE. What do you all think?

1500 FUE grafts would require at least half of your donor area to be shaved.

It would be better to go for FUT (Strip), especially if you never wear your hair short.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks for the reply! I do not want to do FUT as I have a tight scalp. There are some doctors that do FUE without shaving any donor hair. But it costs more and is time consuming. What I am asking is will the results of this be just as good as normal FUE?

The 'no shave FUE' I have seen still requires hair to be shaved, however, surrounding hair is kept long enough to cover it over after the procedure.

+ I've only seen it done for small sessions like 500 grafts.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi there!

I just had work done along my hairline in mid-November (to cover scars). I choose FUE because some of my previous scars in the past have widened and I didn't want a long scar on my scalp that could stretch.

I also worried about shaving the donor area. My hair is down to my bra strap in back and I wondered if the area would be noticeable. Well, I took the plunge and had my donor area at the nape of the neck shaved in (I'm estimating) a 2" X 3.5" patch. I had read that shaving the area is best and it was also recommended by my Dr.'s office. I am happy to say that for me it has turned out to be unnoticeable. My hair is thick and long and the area filled in fast and will grow out with no one being the wiser. I had about 700 grafts, tho.

If you are really concerned, I could email you a picture of right after my procedure and one now, 2 months later.

• 4 weeks later...