Had 500 FUE for mild crown hair loss

Kieran

500 is such a little about, I don't think you will see a cosmetic difference. Sorry.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Without shooting the lad down straight away........I think we need to know what the graft breakdown is. I know where you are coming from Spanker, but those 500 could be largely 3 and 4 hair grafts (I would hope so). 1500-1800 hairs CAN make a cosmetic difference to a relatively small area.

In saying that, people will need to see much better pics Kieran, to give you better feedback. Pre-op pic would also help.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Thank you for your response. I want to clarify, that I did not have a bald patch in the vertex/crown area. I had slightly reduced density in that area and was only noticed when I went to a barber. I took Finpecia 1mg and applied minoxidil 15% for 3 years with some improvement.

That area remained stable for 3 years without any change. I was better cosmetic results and approached a hair transplant surgeon who initially advised against the transplant and told me that I only required about 500 grafts. As I was keen on a better cosmetic look he suggest 400 grafts but ended up placing 480 single hair FUE grafts. He told me he would only plAce grafts at missing areas to avoid shock loss.

I will shortly post pre and post transplant pictures. Do you all still think this is unreasonable?

This is the post transplant demagnified picture. I was advised that 480 single hair FUE grafts would make a difference . The transplant surgeon told me placing FuE with multiple hairs may lead to damage / worsening of appearances. What do you all think?

image.jpg.3b09e68c3f1b1a84607dcbe626e88274.jpg

I am not sure that what was done was all that bad . . . the surgeon put a conservative number of grafts in, something which they could keep up with the density regardless of the future hair loss pattern. If the front were to recede and the crown to open up, the crown would not suck all available grafts at the expense of transplanting the front.

I think it may still look like it is thinner afterwards, but it will look better.