Fue transplant denied to sane hiv in istanbul

jonlove

GoForIt,

Just to clarify, the clinic in question is not affiliated with our network. To my knowledge, all our recommended clinics follow universal safety precautions and do not reject patients based upon HIV status.

Thanks for clarifying. I have not been researching HT clinics for long - but my impression is that it is like the Wild West out there with little regulation. Based on this article I think in the US someone HIV + would be on dubious legal ground.

Perioperative Guidelines for Elective Surgery in the Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Positive Patient; Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery:Volume 121(5)May 2008pp 1831-1840; Davison, Steven P. D.D.S., M.D.; Reisman, Neil R. M.D., J.D.; Pellegrino, Edmund D. M.D.; Larson, Ethan E. M.D.; Dermody, Meghan M.D.; Hutchison, Paul J. M.A.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This shouldn't happen. Would they deny someone if they had herpes, hepatitis, malaria etc etc etc at some point in their lives?

I doubt it. These virus stick around 'forever' like HIV.....This is down to the surgeon and or assistants being ignorant to medical facts and practices and buying into the stigma associated with HIV.

*Shaked : You re right, this is absolutly a matter about ignorance, about many recent medical facts... it can also be a matter of religious background, like in Turkey. Many people still consider some diseases are more to be ashamed of, than others.

*jaih1 : send me a private message with what you want to know, with the procedure you've tried, I'll try to answer you. Just know that it has all be good for me and I could do a FUE, and it worked very well :)

• 3 months later...
*Shaked : You re right, this is absolutly a matter about ignorance, about many recent medical facts... it can also be a matter of religious background, like in Turkey. Many people still consider some diseases are more to be ashamed of, than others.

*jaih1 : send me a private message with what you want to know, with the procedure you've tried, I'll try to answer you. Just know that it has all be good for me and I could do a FUE, and it worked very well :)

Dear Fred,

I Just got told they can not help me because of my hiv status. I Just found out, I booked my ticket yesterday and then I found out bout the boodtest. Can you help me out as Well and what I should do. I dont know how to send you a private message..im new here. Maybe you can email me please?

Rmido@live.nl

• 6 months later...

I'm in the same position as you, HIV+ (undetectable) but can't afford the UK/US clinics (I'm a self-employed musician) so E. Europe/Turkey is the best option for me. But I have already been turned down by 1 Turkish clinic. Any suggestions?

Hi mate, I am also self-employed musician guy suffering from the same problem. I live in germany, thinking to go hungarian or turk clinics. I have undetectable HIV+ like you. I have been considering only recommended clinics here and send mails to them. Asmed Clinic, Dr. Koray Erdogan and AHD Clinic Dr. Hakan Doganay. both recommended doctors here, said that they accepted HIV positive guys to be operated in their clinics. They have good surgical rooms equipped for HIV patients. Anyway I will also ask Dr. Emre Karadeniz, also a recommended doctor here, his price is much more cheaper than the others. I will let you know whether he also accept us.

I'm in the same position as you, HIV+ (undetectable) but can't afford the UK/US clinics (I'm a self-employed musician) so E. Europe/Turkey is the best option for me. But I have already been turned down by 1 Turkish clinic. Any suggestions?

• 6 months later...
i live in London

i have contacted a few clinics already,

ill see if i can find any to get t done

Hey man, I'm looking to do a hair transplant too, and im hiv positive too.. all clinics in istanbul refused to do the surgery coz im hiv,. however, there is a clinic in greece that does the surgery, im thinking of going there. im from uk too

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys,

further to my last post, I have found a FUE transplant clinic in Turkey who accepts HIV+

They're called getfue. You can google them. They seem to have a lot of positive reviews from 3rd party sites too. I think I now understand why some do and some don't accept you. These guys are in a hospital so everything is sterilised to international standards, whereas the others operate from beauty clinics and that seems to be the difference.

I don't work for them or anything so these are only my thoughts, but I said I'd share what I discovered and there it is.

hey guys,

further to my last post, I have found a FUE transplant clinic in Turkey who accepts HIV+

They're called getfue. You can google them. They seem to have a lot of positive reviews from 3rd party sites too. I think I now understand why some do and some don't accept you. These guys are in a hospital so everything is sterilised to international standards, whereas the others operate from beauty clinics and that seems to be the difference.

I don't work for them or anything so these are only my thoughts, but I said I'd share what I discovered and there it is.

hey guys,

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys,

i have been struggling with the same problem, I have contacted some clinics and some have refused to perform HT on me. To be honest I think that shows how professional the clinic is... here is the list of clinics I contacted;

GetFue, have told me that http://www.besthairturkey.com perform HT on HIV poz patients (Dr Abdulrahman Cevik)

Gethair- will do but requiring the most recent blood test from your doctor

http://www.resulyamman.com (Dr Resul Yamman) - refused to do HT (big disappointment)

Dr Karadeniz - contacted on WhatsApp, the message was read but no reply

Dr Koran Erdogan - no reply after 2 weeks ( Bad customer service or very selective )

Dr Hakan Doganay- no problem ( very professional about it )

• 4 months later...
;)Hello guys... I just had my hair transplantation yesterday here in Istambul, and I told to the doctor before that I got HIV and Im in under treatment.... everything works fine, no pain at all. Im very happy

I really need your help. In istambul. Iw looking someone who can do the hair transformation as im hiv positive. I just need the information about clinic or doctor. Thanks

Thank you

I really need your help. In istambul. Iw looking someone who can do the hair transformation as im hiv positive. I just need the information about clinic or doctor. Thanks

Thank you

Please. Would you be so nice just tell me the name of the doctor who did the sirugy for u. Thanks so much

Hello Adrian.... How are you doing? I Just got home now from Istanbul... very nice person, no prejudice at all... his name is Aldo, (contact information removed by moderator), my name is Andressa, if you have any question we can talk. Take care

Edited by David - Moderator
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, same problem here. the doctors mentioned above are more expensive then other clinics which don't accept hiv patients. any one here did the surgery and can suggest? regards.

Have you found a surgeon in Instabull that is willing to perform a HT In an HIV+ ?