High hairline

Hey guys, I just had a quick question. It might come across as strange but anyone who has received a HT, did you think your hairline looked very high the days after the transplant? I got a HT and I'm now 5 days post op. The back and sides of my hair are still about an inch long while the frontal third is where I got the HT so that's shaved down. Maybe that's making my hairline look so high. Anybody else have similar concerns after a HT? Thanks for reading guys.

Billy

Hairlines always look high post op but when the hair grows in, they look MUCH lower due to the hair puffing and cascading forward.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Hey guys, I just had a quick question. It might come across as strange but anyone who has received a HT, did you think your hairline looked very high the days after the transplant? I got a HT and I'm now 5 days post op. The back and sides of my hair are still about an inch long while the frontal third is where I got the HT so that's shaved down. Maybe that's making my hairline look so high. Anybody else have similar concerns after a HT? Thanks for reading guys.

Billy

yes, even in pictures it looked very high, due to the forehead swelling and hair being shaved down.

you will see it "get lower" in the coming weeks as Cant decide mentioned

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

There are some threads on here that discuss hairline height. Here's one:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/149969-hairline-height.html

I think it's normal to question the height of your hairline after a procedure - whether it's too high or too low. 7cm from the middle of your brow to your hairline seems to be a good guideline to go by. And you'll see in the thread I posted that there are differing opinions and thoughts on that. The good news is you can lower it if after seeing the final result you still feel like it's too high, but doing the opposite appears to be trickier.

I'm 5 weeks out from my first procedure and the first few weeks are filled with uncertainty and questions. Do your research and I think you'll find that almost everyone has similar doubts, questions and experiences. Good luck and grow well.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018