Rogaine post surgery

Most doctors advise to wait a week to ten days post surgery to resume rogaine/minoxidil. I presume this is to not irritate the grafts and or impair healing. However, if you are putting minoxidil on a different part of the scalp then where the grafts are (i.e, the crown), I would assume this is a non issue. No reason to stop.

Most doctors advise to wait a week to ten days post surgery to resume rogaine/minoxidil. I presume this is to not irritate the grafts and or impair healing. However, if you are putting minoxidil on a different part of the scalp then where the grafts are (i.e, the crown), I would assume this is a non issue. No reason to stop.

So ten days after your HT you can even use it on your transplanted area ? Is it ? Will it not hinder the growth of new transplanted hair follicles ?

My inhibition about using it is, even the Rogsine official website says initially you can expect some thinning of hair and my problem is I have never used it before so in my case most likely it will result in initial thinning which. I am Not so comfortable with !!

But does it not obstructs the survival of the new transplanted hair follicles will it but have any adverse effect on them ?

My doctor recommended 1 week post-op. I waited 10 days. I was a first time user. I used it for a little over a week and stopped. I didn't like how it made my scalp feel, plus I noticed some shedding in my crown. For me it was more psychological than anything else. It wasn't heartening to have a HT and then start losing hair in another part of my scalp - even though it's a temporary side effect.

To your point augustya, most doctors recommend using it 1-2 weeks post-op on the transplanted area because it supposedly hastens growth. I don't know if any studies have been done, but it's pretty consistent across the board with HT surgeons. So I wouldn't worry about it having an adverse effect on transplanted grafts. If you can handle the temporary shedding in other areas that is a common side effect, I'd suggest giving it a try (if your surgeon recommends it).

Edited by Since21

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018