My beloved hair!

Hello I'm new to this forum only done a few posts, I thought I start to show pictures of where I am now!

What density do you think I have in the front? I've had high hairline since I was a child but started to loose when I was maybe 17 and im now 24. When hair is wet and separeted its look thin but when dry and brushed it get really good covarege.

Im thinking of putting maybe 250 grafts in each side, as long as i get same denisty as in the front i would get could covarage. Also it seems little expensive to travel to maybe turkey to just put 500grafts. Is it possible to put hairs in a area where there is already hear?

Thanks!

_20131218_223631.jpg.ad1d41481abd3e6347ecdc6fb3445cf0.jpg

_20131218_223549.jpg.d752175d02be4492683188b2f531febb.jpg

_20131218_223656.jpg.7b4a05ac72e650d31ee4a39a078bbeda.jpg

_20131218_223416.jpg.281a0298ee6f8f36ea1dd150fea1901b.jpg

_20131218_223749.jpg.8a8ea54815fff5014fb2a978c06e189d.jpg

IMG_20131218_223245.jpg.03ff85f63b93dc204c1e030dcf667c58.jpg

_20131218_223521.jpg.e24efd18cdbf27d567d561bc08cf3829.jpg

Edited by mosd

Have you tried a shorter cut look? Leave the front longer and cut the sides and back very short.

Once you start down the HT route it is hard to go back.

The thing with transplanting into native hair is you risk shock loss, and also 500 grafts is not so much.

I know you are considering starting Fin from your other posts. I think if you transplanted only a low number of grafts into the front alone you risk losing the hair behind that as you age.

Consult with a hair restoration physician if you can, and if you go for a HT plan for future loss and do a higher total number of grafts - at least 2,000.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Have you tried a shorter cut look? Leave the front longer and cut the sides and back very short.

Once you start down the HT route it is hard to go back.

The thing with transplanting into native hair is you risk shock loss, and also 500 grafts is not so much.

I know you are considering starting Fin from your other posts. I think if you transplanted only a low number of grafts into the front alone you risk losing the hair behind that as you age.

Consult with a hair restoration physician if you can, and if you go for a HT plan for future loss and do a higher total number of grafts - at least 2,000.

thanks for your answer!

1. My hair in the front wont grow any longer, i havent cut in 1,5 years! (will finas help here)

2. i know 500 is not much but i think it would be enough to get same density in the hairline, what density do you think i have in the front?

3 if i do 2000 can they spread it over places i already have hair?

4 last question, so even if i put 500 grafts in the sides of the front and lose in the future, i would still need em there anyway and just put more behind?

If you cut the sides and back shorter it will give the elusion of having more hair in front and take people's eyes off your hairline a little. Just something to try in the meantime.

We have talked about fin before and possible sides, I would hate to recommend fin and then have you experience them, but it is the only drug that can currently help keep remaining hair.

I am not sure about the actual density, but the thing that worries me most is that a surgery of 500 grafts could actually make you look worse if 1) you were to experience shockloss and 2) have continued natural loss behind the front hair.

I would consult with a hair restoration doctor, and shoot for 2000 grafts mostly front-loaded to thicken your hairline and frontal third. If that number is too expensive or not possible now then try to get as close as possible.

Also be sure to consult with a local doctor concerning your hairloss to rule out any possible medical condition such as thyroid related issues etc. which can cause hairloss.

As for #4, yes you would be playing a constant cat and mouse game of catching up to your natural hairloss if you go with a low number.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Some good points by hsrp10.

mosd, you clearly have a diffused thinning pattern going on and while new grafts can be added, it carries far more risk of shock loss, some which may be permanent.

The relating trauma and potential transection of the existing weaker hair can potentially result in an even more thinner look. In can potentially accelerate the rate of loss to where you might need more and more future procedures.

IMHO, you would be better served if you used cosmetics like Toppik and wait on surgery until that weaker diffused hair begins to also recede.

In other words, try and get as much visual use out of what you presently have before you have any surgery...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

thanks for your tips im very grateful! So shockloss happens to the transplanted hairs or to the native hair?

if you would guess, how much do you think the density is in the front?

The risk of shock loss is to the diffused native hair not the transplants.

Without seeing you in person there is no way of guessing what level of density that you currently have.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

also i ordered finasteride, going to start with 0.2mg mon wen fri and se what happends :) If i can keep my hair and the thinner hair can get thicker i would be set :;)

It sounds like you purchased the finasteride online? Did you see a doctor for the prescription? The recommended daily requirement is 1mg daily so taking .2 mg three times per week may not prove efficient for you and why we need to be under a doctor's supervision.

Gillenator