any one had Dr. Richard Ochs beverly hills

danoush

Please take my advice and choose another Dr.

Do NOT fall for his scam $2 per graft advertisement ( which he has now revised to $3 a graft) do not let Dr. Richard Ochs with offices in both Beverly Hills and Culver City take your hard working money and give you the worst result. Research and see what others say about this doctor ( except his associates who had a surgery with him, I am not able to find a single person saying that he did a good surgery) was unhappy with the result.

His ad reads:

Hair Transplant

15 yrs experience in Beverly Hills. Free Web Consult 1-866-HAIR-866

research and find a good Dr. . You will end up going to another dr and you will end up paying more anyway. why to waste your money then.

please take a look at the picture attached. I paid for 4000 grafts and here is what I received. By the way the picture is taken approximately 2 years after my first hair transplant by Dr. Ochs for 4000 grafts.

By the way I have already been tested for possible alopecia and the result was negative. I , therefore, know that this is caused by this terrible doctor

Picture is taken 2 years after a hair transplant done by Dr. Ochs for 4000 grafts

bald2.jpg

bald2.thumb.jpg.16a7931208c0bf7c361c166a440358ae.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danoush,

While you are welcome to share your genuine experience and photos on this forum, please keep your experience to one thread. I see you've revived a number of old threads to post your experience and photos. This is the equivalent of spamming the forum. Thus, I've removed several of your repeated posts that have bumped a number of "Dr. Ochs" related threads to the top.

You're also encouraged to provide more detail including before, surgical and after photos, the number of grafts you received, the date of your procedure and any other data that will allow our community to adequately evaluate and respond to your concerns.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

Bill

Yes, I did have Dr. ochs for my surgery. BIGESST MISTAKE IN MY LIFE. Here is exactly what happened?

paid him for 4000 grafts . NOTHING GREW. called him after a year and went to other doctors for second opinions.

All confirmed that only about 200 grafts grew and yet I paid this guy for 4000 graft. At that time I figuered out how Ochs hair can make money by offering $2 per graft.

I went to get my money back. he refused and he immediately sent me a copy of the contract that I had signed with him. I , by mistake, signed a contract with him that I can not sue him and if anything goes wrong we would have to solve it through arbitration.

I called several lawyers and they said that they are not going to take the case.

Second mistake: instead of going through a arbitration , I believed him again as I did not even dream that a Dr. can lie like this.

I went to him and he said that he is going to do two other surgeries of 2000 grafts each. he did the first surgery . RESULT : TERRIBLE AGAIN only about 1000 grafts grew. according to second opinion again.

and here is the worst part: Dr. Ochs stopped replying to my emails when I asked for my third promised hair transplant surgery of 2000 grafts. After numerous phone calls : Dr. Ochs finally picked up the phone saying that "I have had enough do what you are gonna do."!!!! I expected everything but being treated like this. SO NOW I have to live like this for my entire life. I have so many other pictures and I am going to in fact build a website with pictures and the terrible experience I had with him. Ochs did this to me, because he knew that after two years I can not take this matter to court.

I already talked to one of my family member who is an attorney. since I did not sign anything for the second surgery, we are going to take him to court on that as I lost my hair . I will do whatever is in my power to bring him down as I can not see some one ripping off the poor people. I was dreaming of having hair and I did not have enough money to pay more than the $2 per graft. Now I both lost my hair and my money

Please take a look at my scarring ( the photo is taken 2 years after the procedure)

bald4.jpg.1f6486dbcfc6de31fa83cebf53bac027.jpg

Dr Ochs,

Would you care to explain the situation from your point of view? I'm just curious and since you responded, was wondering if you would like the opportunity to share?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

here is the email Dr. Ochs sent me few hours ago:"the only reason that I did not get back to you sooner was that i needed to

find an open day for your procedure. that being said, i find you behavior as

verbally abusive and not someone I choose to treat.

"

I wonder if he would respond back to his new patients so much late and like this! didn't I deserve to be treated even better than a new patient? was I at fault that I had to suffer pain and lose donor hair for numerous surgeries without saying a word simply because he did not do a good job to begin with? Didn't I wait long enough for him to keep his promise?

I do not believe that he wanted to ever reply as if he did he could have simply email me back saying that I am searching for an open day for your procedure. Why didn't he?

Originally posted by dro:

this result was unfortunate. I am as disapointed as the danoush. I did not charge his for his 2nd procedure and was prepared for a no cost 3rd. after not returning his calls/emails as quickly as he wanted, he became verbally abusive with my staff and I chose not to go forward. Not every patient can have a full head of hair after hair transplanation. I am only a hair surgeon not a hair god.

The above is what Dr. Ochs posted earlier and then he decided to remove it. He probably wants to pretend that he does not know me.

The second opinion that I received from other Doctors confirms that something went wrong on the first 4000 grafts surgery as it is impossible that only about 200 grafts grow. He once mentioned at my visit that he made a mistake of trying to cover a big area with 4000 grafts! So even if this is true, don't you expect more from a doctor? So no you are not God. you are a Dr. though and if you make mistake, you at least have to make your best effort to make it right instead of trying to be smart.

After second surgery Dr. ochs said that he is going to do the next surgery within 9 months. I emailed him 10 months after which was on September. He asked me to go to his office in Culver City. I went there and he said that you are still growing hair (which was a lie as he was only buying time) and that to come back in January. Even though I doubted that I would grow any more hair after 9 months I waited without saying a word.

January came and I called him first thing in January and I emailed him. I did not receive any reply. Thought that he might be out of office. Found his numbers and called his staff. Which then I found out that he is actually there and he is simply ignoring me. A week went by without hearing back from him. called him again and he did not respond again. So i called his staff , asked for Dr. Ochs. the lady first did not mention anything about him doing a surgery. After I mentioned my name, the lady said that he is doing a surgery. Since I knew that he is trying to still ignore me I said to please say dr. Ochs to call me until Monday or I will go to every websites and share my experience.

This worked! because she transferred me to him (even though he was doing a surgery) and then he said to "do whatever you are gonna do ! I have had enough!"and he hang up.

Dr. Ochs is saying that I became verbally abusive. Was my tone really abusive? what other option did I have?

Originally posted by Forrest Gump:

Danoush, sorry to hear about your unfortunate outcome. You might want to post some additional pictures to better present your case.

Good luck with your legal options and future repairs.

Thank you so much for your advice. I will post the pictures . I just have to find them. I have them on an old camera and will do it as soon as I can find a way to transfer them.

Originally posted by danoush:

He is saying that I became verbally abusive. Was my tone really abusive? what other option did I have?

It sounds to me like you were not verbally abusive and that he has decided to use your distress over a bad HT as an excuse to not provide you with appropriate after care.

I do appreciate all of your comments. Dr. Ochs sent me an email today again. This is the email I received:

"for your information

black?·mail (blkml)

n.

a. Extortion of money or something else of value from a person by the threat

of exposing discreditable information.

b. Something of value extorted in this manner.

dr richard ochs d.o.

hair restoration medicine & surgery

310-666-4334

"

is what I am doing really black mailing? am I not able to share my terrible experience so other people in sick of hair transplant do not make the same MISTAKE of allowing Dr. ochs to do their hair transplant.

Here is what I looked like 2 years after the first surgery of 4000 grafts and few months after the second hair transplant by Dr. Ochs

bald2.thumb.jpg.a968727c79c30daf58c35ad249437a55.jpg

That email seems pretty unprofessional ... no good!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

For the doctor, there are better ways to handle this than send "unprofessional" emails.

Danoush, I don't see this as blackmail. If after paying for 4000 grafts, you apparently had a growth of a mere 200 grafts, you have reasons to be upset. So far, from what you've posted on this forum, I don't see anything remotely related to blackmailing.

Originally posted by danoush:

a. Extortion of money or something else of value from a person by the threat

of exposing discreditable information.

dr richard ochs d.o.

hair restoration medicine & surgery

310-666-4334

Dr. Ochs sounds like HE thinks your HT discredits him.

I have two questions.

1- I just registered the domain name drochssucks.com . I was wondering if I am going to have problem if I actually post my experience there as well. Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

2- when I look at this thread, it only shows the following:"2 posts - 2 authors - Last post: 3 days ago"

is there a reason for this ?

While there is no way that I am going to have another surgery with Ochs, I want to make people aware of this scam . I do know that there are so many other victims out there who are just busy to go after him and I want every one to know about my experience. I do not want some one else to feel as bad I do now.

I really was happier if I was robbed by a thief for the same amount of money. He simply ruined my life. and I can not think that some one else , one day, may again experience the same problem.

I did email you asking for half of the money that I paid because only 1000 grafts actually grew. I do not only post here so I get my money back. I am sharing my experience with people so they do not make the same mistake as me. While the moderator decided to remove the last post regarding contacting district of attorney, I am going to post this in other forums . Obviously if some one has problem and if you purposely give them excuses so their statue of limitation is over, they will need to file complaints.

I have a hard time taking picture from back of my head. I will ask my wife to do it and I will send you a picture later on. I could take a picture from the side. please take a look.

Another friend of mine had a hair transplant with a real Dr. ( Not ochs) and he only cut about 5 inches from back of his head. He , on other hand, cut from left to right and all around of my head

You do not believe if I say that what kind of pain I had to go through during cutting and healing.

bald3.jpg.dee6cdf4775708606de68a6113266a5a.jpg

danoush, did you experience further thinning in your donor since the surgery, is that permanent shockloss, or was your donor always that thin? If it's the latter then this doc never should have performed an HT on you....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Well I have no idea if my hair became thinner after the hair transplant or if it was like this to begin with.

I was able to take another picture from back of my head.

Take a look to see what Dr. Ochs did to me.

bald4.jpg.c012c6b15c2548f10a2d14a31578d29b.jpg

So the surgery was two years ago and that's a recent pic? If that's the case it looks like you've had permanent shockloss.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com