SHAMPOOS

CAN ANYBODY SUGGEST A GOOD SHAMPOO TO USE..I HEARD THAT THERE ARE SOME SHAMPOOS DESIGNED TO RID SOME OF THE DHT AND MAKE ABSORPTION OF MINOXIDIL EASIER..I USE NEUTRAGENA ONCE A WEEK NOW AND THE REST OF THE WEEK I WILL BASICALLY USE A GOOD SHAMPOO....

Your post may get a better responce in the "Shampoos, sprays, and concealers" forum.

The companies that claim their shampoo will get rid of DHT on the scalp are scams mate; they will do what they claim - that is wash the DHT off your scalp, but so will any cheap shampoo. It's just a marketing tool.

I recommend Nizoral.

Ninjathen,

Consider trying Nizoral or Revita, which contains ketoconazole (an ingredient said to have some "weak" DHT fighting properties). In my experience, Nizoral 2% had a tendency to dry out my hair, but Revita made my hair feel soft.

I don't have a lot of faith that any shampoo is great at combatting baldness however, it can't hurt to use them as an adjunct hair loss treatment.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 months later...

Definitely try Nizoral if anything, many people say it's good, I agree with Bill about the limitations of shampoo though, I don't know how much chemical you get into your scalp in a 2 minute lather an rinse? But equally, can't hurt!

I love people who say negative things about "chemicals", sure some have been proven to be harmful, but most aren't, and there are so many scare stories that are disproved how do you really know?

Herbal Products, fantastic, because naturally a herb couldn't possibly be damaging or toxic at all could it? Oh, wait, yes they can. And even if they aren't toxic, they can still be useless, if rubbing garlic and hedge cuttings on your head really cured baldness, pharmaceutical companies wouldn't make so much money out of Minoxidil & Finasteride would they?

I had a hair procedure done by Dr. Vito Quatella in Rochester, NY about two months ago. I specifically asked him about shampoos, etc and he recommended Nioxin.

I've only used Nioxin for about 6 weeks now so it is still too early to tell if it will help grow hair for me, but the shampoo & conditioner feel better on my scalp than any shampoo I have ever used including Nizoral, which I used on and off for years.

• 4 weeks later...