Should I get a hair transplant? Age 22

I want to know your opinion about should I or should I not get a hair transplant surgery now at the age 22 or should I play a waiting game for some time ?? and do a sugary after two three years ??

I think I been loosing hair for at least five years but very slow I guess.

KWjjyIn.jpg

U1poC4Q.jpg

So kind people of internet what do you think ??

22 years of age, you are still young mate. I would wait atleast couple years, unless there is no history of excessive hair loss in your family. That’s my 2 cents input.

Thank you I am thinking of the same thing but the problem is that my father is bold my brother at my age was bold that is nothing new for a country where I am from.

I would say to get on finasteride now and wait several years. Life is long and you don't want to spend it chasing a hairline. If you started balding around 17, chances are that you will be very advanced. It may be worth it to shave your head for about a month and see if you can get used to it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I would say to get on finasteride now and wait several years. Life is long and you don't want to spend it chasing a hairline. If you started balding around 17, chances are that you will be very advanced. It may be worth it to shave your head for about a month and see if you can get used to it.

Thank you very much for your answer, I think I will weight and see how much hair I will lose when I will really feel that I am uncomfortable with it.

again thank you everyone for your replies.

Does any one knows how to mark this thread as solved and close it ??

You can't close it because the site uses threads like these who are in similar situations to research. You can go back and edit all of your info out, but I feel like it is bad form. You can always remove your photo though if you want it off and it will still leave some future research info.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You can't close it because the site uses threads like these who are in similar situations to research. You can go back and edit all of your info out, but I feel like it is bad form. You can always remove your photo though if you want it off and it will still leave some future research info.

Thank you for providing the information, If this is how this forum works then I have no problem with it :)

If you are Norwood 2 then I would not consider a transplant at this time. If you were to get an evaluation from a few doctors, I would only use that for informative purposes. Get on Finasteride and wait it out. If you think waiting out while taking Finasteride is going to be difficult, let me tell you, the transplant roller coaster is even harder. The younger you are the more intense the roller coaster. See how you respond to medical therapy and revisit in a year or two. I'm 26 and have had two procedures, but I was more advanced in my hairloss. My hairline is conservative and about a NW2 and I'm more than happy, so NW2 isn't THAT bad. Shoot i'm probably too young to of had a procedure, but I did. Only time will tell, but that's the biggest unknown factor while playing the game.

Research into what can really be accomplished. I'm sure some doctors will tell you that they can reconstruct your hairline with a certain number of grafts. They would be right, BUT is that new hairline going to be as dense as you expected, will it match your natural density to the point where you are satisfied with the result.... good questions to ask before considering surgery. There are many other questions as well, but your main question is should I get on Finasteride and the answer is YES.

If you are Norwood 2 then I would not consider a transplant at this time. If you were to get an evaluation from a few doctors, I would only use that for informative purposes. Get on Finasteride and wait it out. If you think waiting out while taking Finasteride is going to be difficult, let me tell you, the transplant roller coaster is even harder. The younger you are the more intense the roller coaster. See how you respond to medical therapy and revisit in a year or two. I'm 26 and have had two procedures, but I was more advanced in my hairloss. My hairline is conservative and about a NW2 and I'm more than happy, so NW2 isn't THAT bad. Shoot i'm probably too young to of had a procedure, but I did. Only time will tell, but that's the biggest unknown factor while playing the game.

Research into what can really be accomplished. I'm sure some doctors will tell you that they can reconstruct your hairline with a certain number of grafts. They would be right, BUT is that new hairline going to be as dense as you expected, will it match your natural density to the point where you are satisfied with the result.... good questions to ask before considering surgery. There are many other questions as well, but your main question is should I get on Finasteride and the answer is YES.

Thank so much for the reply

I think I will weight for some time before/if ever I will do a hair transplant, I think in western countries it is less common to loose hair as it is in Caucasus (it will not cache anyone off guard that I went bold :D ) so I will weight until the hair I am supposed to lose will fall out and then decide if I need a sugary or not. Plus the family members that I resemble all have similar hair line as I have on the right side of my head so if that will be my end result hair line I am ok with that.

about medication thank you but I think I will pass I really do not like to drink any medications because in our medicine if a drug fixes one thing than it most probably messes up something. Just couple days ago I read a study about multivitamins the study suggests that multivitamins might be causing caner. so no thank you to drugs unless I am dying

I agree with Spanker...all frontal seems to be thinning. I would get on Finasteride and wait at least til you're 25. If it's controlled your hair loss and only frontal is needed...you would have the option of moving forward as long as yo continue therapy (finasteride).

Best of luck...take your time.....