Noob

Ne001

hi all...

firstly, thank you to the mods for everything they do and to everyone for contributing to this great forum! since i've found it i've found a lot of useful advice and am more aware of ht procedures and what i think i need to do!

so i've been wandering around these forums for a few months now. finally signed up and this is my first post and i've got a whole lot of questions.

a little about me... 33 years old, started noticing my hair thinning and receding in the latter stages of my 20's. i've been using propecia 1mg for about a year and 3 months now. i think this has stabilized further loss.... i think!

anyway, i've been researching a fue ht for a few months now. thanks to this forum i think i have found 2 doctors in turkey that i am interested in... both recommended by this site.

before contacting them, i've decided to ask some questions here first...

attached are some pictures.

1) are these pictures good enough to submit to the doc's?

2) can anyone advise how many grafts they think i will need... basically cover the crown and then fill in the gaps across my head and maybe a bit in the front to add some density.

3) i think my donor area is pretty good, any comments on that, also, i'm rocking the salt and pepper look in my donor area right now (black and grey hair), does the grey hair make any difference as a donor, can they still be used? i don't mind them growing back grey in recipient area...

4) a lot of the sites say they supply post op meds... what are these exactly, is it propecia and do they provide you with a script for x amount of months? i'm currently buying mine from boots pharmacy(UK)... is this the best place (anyone in the UK know any better)?

5) and finally, do you guys think i am actually a candidate for fue?

the doctors i am interested in are hakan doganay and koray erdogan, they seem to have a pretty stellar reputation on here. does anyone have any word on motor vs manual. ive read alot abut this but it still seems to be a divisive topic.

do either of them have reps in the UK who do a physical of your hair etc before you go to turkey?

thanks for reading, sorry about all the questions and thanks again in advance!

Ne001

P1020651.jpg.1e0ea288646d935e327af45067a8748b.jpg

P1020653.jpg.3f538d0d1dfcae3e299fe1dfcba08da7.jpg

P1020655.jpg.1afb2be7f2486c084986edcebd585854.jpg

P1020656.jpg.9e9b95c9ac798503863f6ed35d3c45df.jpg

P1020658.jpg.0ff86457660780e6f72876f337108c1c.jpg

P1020662.jpg.ae5343daf7547bed1a691b1ce1db221b.jpg

P1020663.jpg.928b0fe744f99e016ec0eff876f40a29.jpg

Edited by Ne001

Those pics look good enough to submit, but nothing is better than in-person. The meds supplied are usually things like anti-inflammatory and pain meds.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hard to tell. Your donor it's a little suspect. Between 3k to 4k would make a big difference. If just really depends on your goals.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi Ne,

I think Spanker offered excellent advice. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Ne,

I think Spanker offered excellent advice. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

thanks spanker and ht_doc.

what do you mean by my donor area is suspect... do you think it would not be possible to get 3-4k grafts from it?

thanks again.

I think what Spanker means (correct me if I'm off) is that, given the fact that we can actually see your scalp through your hair in your donor pic, that may indicate that it is not quite as dense as one would wish. Of course this can only be confirmed in a physical consultation, lighting etc can sometimes not reflect the true situation in a pic. I think 4-5k is the typical region someone would have in their FUE bank (scalp). I would be surprised if you didn't have at least 3k however.

I think your characteristics are in your favour though, in that the calibre of your hair seems pretty good. You do have quite a bit of loss in midscalp so you possibly would require 3k+, but I think it would make a big difference in your case. You seem to have a solid enough frontal regional.

Your pics certainly seem of good enough quality to send to a clinic. I would maybe take a few more of the donor region, back and sides etc, so the clinics have a bit more to work with. I've been very impressed with the 2 docs you narrowed it down to so I'm sure you'll be in good hands either way.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3