Excellent experience with Dr. Lindsey of McLean, VA (02/26/09)

JuJu

When I began researching doctors to perform my hair transplant, I saw before-and-after surgery photos posted by Dr. Wm. Lindsey of McLean, VA. I thought the results looked excellent. He continued to post consistently top-notch results throughout the months. In January, I decided that I wanted him to perform surgery. Ultimately, I chose him over two other coalition doctors.

I should say before I begin that I'm not one to sugar-coat things??”I'm very direct??”but I really cannot think of a negative aspect of my experience with Dr. Lindsey.

After having surgery on Feb 26, I am EXTREMELY happy with the look of the transplant, (pictures will be posted this weekend,) and the entire experience with Dr. Lindsey and his staff.

The cliff notes of this post = Dr. Lindsey is a really cool guy; his staff is excellent; and to top it off, Dr. L gave me over 100 free grafts. (Over 1350 total in the hairline.)

The scar is beyond any expectations I had for it??”extremely small. Again, I will post pictures here this weekend.

I would be happy to answer any questions about Dr. Lindsey, or the experience, if you have any. (PM me if you want to do it that way.)

I'll describe it in more detail:

The day before surgery, I traveled down from New England to Dr. Lindsey's office in McLean, VA, (a suburb, only a couple miles outside of Washington, DC.) That afternoon, I met with Dr. Lindsey to devise a thorough game-plan for the transplant. By looking at my hairline, he knew exactly what should be done to improve it. He sought my input, and we agreed on all aspects.

I got the feeling that it's very important to him that his patients are very happy with his work??”an excellent quality.

We agreed that he would place 1250 grafts on the hairline; however, the next day, he ended up giving me over 100 grafts for free.

The surgery went by more quickly than expected. I took one valium in the morning, no pain pills, and to be very honest, I never felt any pain during the surgery. (Later in the evening when the anesthesia began to wear off, I took a few Vicodin, but frankly, I was expecting the process to hurt a lot more than it did.)

Dr. Lindsey placed the grafts on one side of my head; his assistant, with eight years experience at this, placed the grafts on the other side.

The surgery went by quickly because the atmosphere in the office was laid-back and fun; this made what could have been a very nerve-wracking experience a comforting one.

As I said above, Dr. Lindsey is a really cool guy. He is more easy-going and down-to-earth than any other doctor I consulted. (Along with his results, this is one of the main reasons I chose him??”I just liked him more and trusted him.) He plays guitar in a rock band and it was fun to talk about music with him??¦ In other words, what was good about this was it was not like the usual, formal, doctor-patient relationship. Much more genial.

His staff is a lot like him in personality. They kept the atmosphere of the day really loose and fun. Also, the worked really well together.

Dr. Lindsey used stitches instead of staples for sew the strip, (as he often does.) Unfortunately, I have to do my colleague a favor up here and won't be able to go to Dr. L to have the stitches out??¦ I plan to see him very soon, however, as I really want him to see the work. Also, I'd like to thank his staff.

If Dr. Lindsey is reading this, perhaps you could address some of the more technical matters about this transplant? Or other general comments? Thank you, and please say thank you to everyone there.

Again, I will post pictures this weekend.

When I began researching doctors to perform my hair transplant, I saw before-and-after surgery photos posted by Dr. Wm. Lindsey of McLean, VA. I thought the results looked excellent. He continued to post consistently top-notch results throughout the months. In January, I decided that I wanted him to perform surgery. Ultimately, I chose him over two other coalition doctors.

I should say before I begin that I'm not one to sugar-coat things??”I'm very direct??”but I really cannot think of a negative aspect of my experience with Dr. Lindsey.

After having surgery on Feb 26, I am EXTREMELY happy with the look of the transplant, (pictures will be posted this weekend,) and the entire experience with Dr. Lindsey and his staff.

The cliff notes of this post = Dr. Lindsey is a really cool guy; his staff is excellent; and to top it off, Dr. L gave me over 100 free grafts. (Over 1350 total in the hairline.)

The scar is beyond any expectations I had for it??”extremely small. Again, I will post pictures here this weekend.

I would be happy to answer any questions about Dr. Lindsey, or the experience, if you have any. (PM me if you want to do it that way.)

I'll describe it in more detail:

The day before surgery, I traveled down from New England to Dr. Lindsey's office in McLean, VA, (a suburb, only a couple miles outside of Washington, DC.) That afternoon, I met with Dr. Lindsey to devise a thorough game-plan for the transplant. By looking at my hairline, he knew exactly what should be done to improve it. He sought my input, and we agreed on all aspects.

I got the feeling that it's very important to him that his patients are very happy with his work??”an excellent quality.

We agreed that he would place 1250 grafts on the hairline; however, the next day, he ended up giving me over 100 grafts for free.

The surgery went by more quickly than expected. I took one valium in the morning, no pain pills, and to be very honest, I never felt any pain during the surgery. (Later in the evening when the anesthesia began to wear off, I took a few Vicodin, but frankly, I was expecting the process to hurt a lot more than it did.)

Dr. Lindsey placed the grafts on one side of my head; his assistant, with eight years experience at this, placed the grafts on the other side.

The surgery went by quickly because the atmosphere in the office was laid-back and fun; this made what could have been a very nerve-wracking experience a comforting one.

As I said above, Dr. Lindsey is a really cool guy. He is more easy-going and down-to-earth than any other doctor I consulted. (Along with his results, this is one of the main reasons I chose him??”I just liked him more and trusted him.) He plays guitar in a rock band and it was fun to talk about music with him??¦ In other words, what was good about this was it was not like the usual, formal, doctor-patient relationship. Much more genial.

His staff is a lot like him in personality. They kept the atmosphere of the day really loose and fun. Also, the worked really well together.

Dr. Lindsey used stitches instead of staples for sew the strip, (as he often does.) Unfortunately, I have to do my colleague a favor up here and won't be able to go to Dr. L to have the stitches out??¦ I plan to see him very soon, however, as I really want him to see the work. Also, I'd like to thank his staff.

If Dr. Lindsey is reading this, perhaps you could address some of the more technical matters about this transplant? Or other general comments? Thank you, and please say thank you to everyone there.

Again, I will post pictures this weekend.

Juju,

Congratulations on taking the plunge and joining the REAL hair club for men :-).

I'm pleased to hear your experience with Dr. Lindsey was a good one. I'm sure the free grafts was a plus.

I hope you'll document your progress with pictures for us so we can watch your transformation. The easiest way to do this is by creating a free hair loss weblog and then linking it to your signature. For step by step instructions on doing this, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the kind post JuJu. I was disappointed that I couldn't take out your sutures. As we discussed I pride myself on getting as good of scars as possible; so I really hope you can make it down in the next month for me to give you a quick check. OR at least email me some pics of the scar.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Congrats JuJu, Dr. Lindsry is definatly a surgeon to keep in mind, he is climbing the ladder of top notch surgeons very quickly.I think he is a bit new to HT's, but from the results that he has posted one wouldn't beleive it. Grow well my friend and keep up the good work Dr. L...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery.....

Juju,

I emaile you your pics so that you could post them if you like.

Please email me an update on your scar. I want to make sure you are "on track".

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians