FUE by Dr Reddy - gentleman with Norwood 3, 1406 grafts, 4211 hair

Nice work! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

If I can be honest, it looks a little pluggy at the hairline. Looks like some multihair grafts were used..... isn't it best to always use single haired follicles in the front?

Here is the thing that clinics all around the world have omitted to tell you guys because it would turn away many patients. Sometimes during a procedure, a 3-hair graft can appear to be a 1-hair graft. A 2-hair graft can appear to be a 1-hair graft. A 4-hair graft can appear to be a 2 hair graft etc. This is because some 'hairs' in the actual graft itself may be in the dormant stage of their cycle whilst the surrounding 'hairs' in the very same graft are entirely awake and visible. The dormant follicles cannot be seen and analyzed even under intense magnification. It is another issue that is never told to the patient unless the issue is brought up because it is an unavoidable and undesirable factor that constitutes to an un-natural look. It is inherent in both strip and FUE. Most of the time it is not a conscious decision to actively target multi-hair grafts for the hairline(unless you go to a careless clinic) so while it is not the fault of the surgeon, I feel that potential patients NEED to be informed of this very vital factor prior to surgery.

Here is the thing that clinics all around the world have omitted to tell you guys because it would turn away many patients. Sometimes during a procedure, a 3-hair graft can appear to be a 1-hair graft. A 2-hair graft can appear to be a 1-hair graft. A 4-hair graft can appear to be a 2 hair graft etc. This is because some 'hairs' in the actual graft itself may be in the dormant stage of their cycle whilst the surrounding 'hairs' in the very same graft are entirely awake and visible. The dormant follicles cannot be seen and analyzed even under intense magnification. It is another issue that is never told to the patient unless the issue is brought up because it is an unavoidable and undesirable factor that constitutes to an un-natural look. It is inherent in both strip and FUE. Most of the time it is not a conscious decision to actively target multi-hair grafts for the hairline(unless you go to a careless clinic) so while it is not the fault of the surgeon, I feel that potential patients NEED to be informed of this very vital factor prior to surgery.

Dear Mickey - thanks for sharing your concerns .

Having spoken to Dr Reddy he does acknowledge that it is possible that hair in dormant stages can sometimes be transferred to the hairline. He however uses grafts from the nape of the neck and mostly obtains the singles by actively seeking for one haired FU's or dividing FU's with 2 hair follicles to give a softer hairline.

He however acknowledges that you have made a very valid point & it is highly educational for technicians dividing the grafts to actively seek for dormant follicles in grafts.

He also understands that he needs to improve his photography skills & I shall try to take pictures myself & hope such scenarios can be reduced in the future.

I represent Dr. Raghu Reddy

Dr. Raghu Reddy is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.