Post op hair not fully shedding

I am currently one month and three day post op and a lot of my hairs have shed in the hairline, but there is also a good amount of small prickly hairs that have not shed or grown and seem to be very firmly in place. I've been getting more and more aggressive with shampooing and I had a little more shedding, but it stopped over the past couple days. Do I need to be worried? What does this mean? Will they fall out eventually? Any advice would help! I'm probably overreacting but I need someone to ease my mind. Thanks!

I am about 2 months post op on my second procedure. After my first, I shed 90+% by one month and this time, up until a week ago, I would say at least 50% were will in place. Some growing and some not. Over the last week, I shed more so I would say there are about 25% left. There is no need for you to worry at all. Some people just shed later than others. The vast majority will eventually shed by 2 months but even if they don't, when the new hair grows, it will just push them out.

Happy growing to you.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I'm experiencing the same as you JB and I'm 1 month and 5 days post op :)

All the transplanted hair has shed but some of then broke off instead of shedding properly. I have lots of tiny black dots on my scalp. You can't really see them unless you look really close.

Now.....some of those have now started growing again! They have a thick black end which then narrows to a thin, growing, translucent hair. It's the same hair but it seems like it went into hybernation for a month and then continued growing. It's thinner at the growing(scalp) end but the other end is the same thickness as when they were transplanted...weird!

I have loads of them! They don't make a difference to the appearance yet, but they should start to thicken up i hope :)

See attached picture. This is a week ago and I have loads more of these bad boys now....

dots.jpg.b44f882f750987877d8c8085b604449f.jpg

Shedding normally occurs (roughly) between day 10 and month 2. At this point, you're still within the normal time frame. You will likely see additionally shedding during month 2 and new graft growth beginning in month 3. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.