dormat period

To anyone who can answer,

After the grafts are planted in the recipient site and go in the 12 week dormat period, what is going on if you don't see any growth at 20 weeks? do the f.U.'s die, are they still dormat? Are they growing beneath the scalp? Does it decrease the odds of growth if they are not through the scalp at 12 or 13 weeks? Any and all answers are appreciated.

To anyone who can answer,

After the grafts are planted in the recipient site and go in the 12 week dormat period, what is going on if you don't see any growth at 20 weeks? do the f.U.'s die, are they still dormat? Are they growing beneath the scalp? Does it decrease the odds of growth if they are not through the scalp at 12 or 13 weeks? Any and all answers are appreciated.

The Telogen or dormant phase can last up to 5-6 months. At this point you really have no choice but to wait a little longer to see what happens. I have had patients who showed no real growth until after the 5th month and still ended up with a good result. Think positive and hopefully good things will happen.

Dr. Charles,

I just wanted to thank you for consistently coming onto this forum and contributing. It's great that you, and a few other physicians, take the time out of your busy days to answer questions, offer opinions, and generally help us laymen out.

Now, if you did crappy work I would take everything you say with a grain of salt. But fortunately, your work is top notch.