20 year old wanting to do transplant

I am a 20 year old with what would be considered a NW 1.5 or Early NW2 hairline. However, don't really care about that. My temple triangles are getting really light...and it's making my forehead look big. I'd like to get the temple triangles transplanted into only, and was wondering if that would be OK to do at my age. I am assuming it would not take many grafts at all.

Don't get a transplant this early. While we all know how traumatic it is to lose your hair, get on propecia and hold on to what you have. In 10 years you can decide whether to get a transplant or not, and the good news is that HTs will be even more refined then!

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

Originally posted by Sparky:

tough call really, you might get a doc that would do this for you, as you could continue to recede and still look natural, but I wouldnt do anymore if I were you, I was a NW1.5 when I got my first ht, big mistake!

Hi Sparky.

I just took a look at your site. It doesn't look like you could have lost much hair since your initial transplants back in 98. Am I right? Although you made a mistake back then, I think you've been lucky that your hairloss hasn't progressed far (if at all) and I reckon you'll be able to put your ordeal behind you once your latest procedure grows in.

NorwoodScale,

It doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. You'll be using up grafts but not enough to really make a difference to your future options. Just make sure you go with FUE. (I'm sure you thought of that).

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Originally posted by mattj:

tough call really, you might get a doc that would do this for you, as you could continue to recede and still look natural, but I wouldnt do anymore if I were you, I was a NW1.5 when I got my first ht, big mistake!

Hi Sparky.

I just took a look at your site. It doesn't look like you could have lost much hair since your initial transplants back in 98. Am I right? Although you made a mistake back then, I think you've been lucky that your hairloss hasn't progressed far (if at all) and I reckon you'll be able to put your ordeal behind you once your latest procedure grows in.

NorwoodScale,

It doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. You'll be using up grafts but not enough to really make a difference to your future options. Just make sure you go with FUE. (I'm sure you thought of that).

Thanks for the info Matt. Also, I am on propecia...

Now the question is, who can create good looking temple triangles? icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by mattj:

Hi Sparky.

NorwoodScale,

Thanks for the opinion Matt. I also am on Propecia. So who knows how long it'll hold onto my current full head of hair. Could be till I am in my 30s. Most of my uncles were NW3s into their 30s, including my dad. Then once they reached their upper 30s-40s, their hair took a big downward spiral.

Now the question is who makes the best looking temple triangles and how much money would it cost?

norwood scale, After reading your other thread about cloning I was debating whether or not to offer you any help. I see you're only 20 years-old, so I'm going to give you a pass and hope you can try to understand why what you said was morally reprehensible.

Regarding your situation: I would look into having FUE performed (I just did with my temple points--200/side). You must keep in mind though that FUE, especially with temple points must be done by a top doctor. Fue alone takes considerable skill, but the temple points are a very delicate area in terms of design and the donor hairs used. Temples tend to consist of finer hair, whereas donor hair can be more coarse. You also must use single FUs only. This is paramount to a good, natural-looking result.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com