Thinning behind transplanted hairline corners?

Hey guys I am just wondering if anyone has had a transplant to their hairline (corners in particular), and then had thinning behind it somewhere down the line…

Does it look terrible when this occurs? and are you able to disguise it until you wait for another transplant?

Does anyone have any pictures they can show me of how this would look? This is really my main fear of going ahead with an FUE operation as I am not on and will not go on propecia.

Thank you

It's certainly possible for that to happen but it's not like you will have 2 giant bald spots behind your hairline. If this were to occur it would most likely happen slowly and gradually and the hair behind that new balding area would be longer and can be combed a certain way to make it look better, as well as the hair in front of it. Like you said you can always get another small touch up if that were to occur. Since you're against propecia you may want to look into rogaine foam as an alternative to help with keeping your native hair as long as possible.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Like rickyrixon said it happens gradually. I worried about the same thing when I got my hairline done(about 2k grafts). The attached photo is what it looked like(WET) 9 years after that transplant.

Dry I was still able to style it such that the thinning area behind the hairline was not too visible, but my sense was that wouldn't last much longer so I got another 2200 grafts behind the hairline...22 days ago.

preop.jpg.f21c80b42309dc2517e8a5fcad56f23b.jpg

It is always possible for a patient to have additional hair loss with aging and Male Pattern Balding after having had a hair transplant procedure. It generally occurs gradually over time which would give you time to decide if the having another procedure is necessary.

I've had empty areas behind each corner post-transplant either,I assumed, because the docs didnt want to plant too close, or because of permanent shock loss behind both corners. This I assumed was trauma of caused by the incision needles which need to be put at angles less than 15 degrees to the plane of the skin and directed back into and under the hair behind the 'corner' . That, and the possibility that the hairs there were near the end of their life.

Anyway, in my case, it wasn't a gradual thing, because I noticed the gap almost immediately.