Dr Hakan Doganay VS Dr Erkan Demirsoy (or recommend another surgeon please)

First of all I would like to thank everyone for their comments and and suggestions.

I've been in contact with both parties and both have provided replies in terms of the number of grafts required:

Dr Doganay's Estimate - around 4,500 grafts to be transplanted in 2 days. They also have some concerns about the donor area and so they "might need" 1000 beard grafts. This is something I would really like to avoid as I'm not keen on the idea of having to tranplant any body hairs.

Their reply to my concern was that "we will most likely need beard grafts because it seems we can harvest 3,500 donor grafts while you need 4,500 grafts in total".

Dr Demirsoy's Estimate - around 6,000 - 6,500 grafts in order to receive full coverage. They mention the maximum number of grafts that can be transplanted in one session (if my donor area is sufficient) is 4,000 - 4,500.

The second option provided is 3,000 - 3,500 grafts in a first session and 15,00 - 2,500 more (if my donor area is sufficient) in a second session.

Is it advisable to perform such a large number of graft transplants in a single session. I've been reading about other people's experiences where, for example, they required 4,000 grafts in total. For example, Dr Basinga has perfomed a TP on a patient where they transplanted 2,000 grafts in one session and then the patient returned a year or so later for the second session for another 2,000 grafts.

I really have no idea how many grafts are available from my donor area. Is anybody able to give an estimate from the photo below? Also, can anybody recommend which of the above options would be best for my head?

Many thanks

How about Dr. Demirsoy? Cant he use your beard hair in additional to scalp to reach your target? Does he know how to do it? It would be great if you utilize your beard grafts for your crown since you have a donor issue.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

How about Dr. Demirsoy? Cant he use your beard hair in additional to scalp to reach your target? Does he know how to do it? It would be great if you utilize your beard grafts for your crown since you have a donor issue.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just confused as to what a "session" consists of. Is one session ususally followed by another session after a year or so? Or is a second session performed on the second day of surgery?

Mixing beard hair would definitely help with his case, and that is one of the main reasons why i recommend that you consider Dr. Doganay because he does beard hair aswell, Demirsoy does not.

Also with regards to the term "session" it can mean both 1 day or a series of days. By the looks of it, i think Demirsoy's agent meant that the doctor would be able to transplant the maximum number of 4500 grafts over the course of 2 days just like Doganay. I could be wrong though.. when i had my transplanted it took about 6-7 hours a day for 2 consecutive days to transplant 3000 or so grafts. it would take approximately 2 hours longer each day in your case (but mostly depends on your scalp and how easy it is for doctor to extract).

I am a huge fan of Dr Doganay. That being said, I've heard great things from Demisroy. If you want extra assurance, it may be worth it. If you're really worried about money, Demisroy is a great surgeon. Just make sure you think about it deeply before you commit.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

magpie ; I think dr hakan has produced enough results to prove his merit . I think that be pretty safe bet as far as they can go .

that being said and I think general consenus is that dr demirsoy is also excellent .

I know cost is a big factor and of course it would be .

my advice would be is there is a few of us now on this forum who are posting results by demirsoy.

in 4 or 5 months you should be able to get a good idea of how our outcomes are looking and be able to base a decision better if you can wait that long .

it will fly in and you have waited this long a little longer wont hurt.

in meant time keep researching .

its great you have found this forum and not rushed in :-)

• 11 months later...
I understand your situation Buddy, wish you all the best with Dr. Demirsoy. You never know maybe I'm wrong with my judgement! There are many hidden gems in Turkey but the famous exclusive FUE surgeons I know so far are Erdogan Doganay and Keser. After all, Long live Turkey for providing us decent HT with reasonable prices.

By the way, does Dr. Demirsoy still charges Euro 1 for Motorized FUE and Euro 2 for Manual FUE? Also does he do all the punching himself or at least all the incisions? Let me know.

hello hariri kifak ? I am from lebanon and considering a fue procedure in turkey. ou said there are many hidden gems in turkey...i am confused on where to my operation. Most of the clinics claim that they are the best and have the best doctors. I cant only rely on before after photos as photoshop can be easily used. most of the clinics have 1700 euro package for 3500 4000 grafts but that is kinda cheap so it scared me a bit. i have a budget of 3000 euros, Can u recommend any ? Dr serkan aygin maybe ?